• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 30, 2011 - 01:16 PM

so i drained the old fluid out of the tranny today, went to take the filter off, and it gave me a hell of a time and either i got the wrong filter at adv auto, because it has the female thread in it or the male adapter thing came out of my tranny and its stuck in the filter. so now im in a mess because to get the filter off, i did it the easy way once the strap wrench didnt grab it, got a hemmer and a screwdriver and used the screwdriver as a handle.

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted August 30, 2011 - 01:45 PM

If the old filter has male threads sticking out of it, then that IS the fitting that is supposed to stay in the hydro. Had that happen to me a few times. When it does, I clean both sets of threads real good with carb cleaner & Loc-Tite the fitting into the hydro.

#3 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 30, 2011 - 01:47 PM

i put the threads into the hydro, ive got 2 gallons in the tranny now, im assuming the fluid is blurping because there is no air release in the tranny?

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted August 30, 2011 - 01:50 PM

Bock the tractor up in the rear to allow the wheels to spin. Let it roll in forward a couple minutes, then in reverse the same. This should allow a good purge of air. May require doing this cycle a couple times.

#5 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 30, 2011 - 01:54 PM

so run the tractor? im 2 quarts low still should i add the 2 quarts then do that?

#6 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted August 30, 2011 - 03:20 PM

so run the tractor? im 2 quarts low still should i add the 2 quarts then do that?

Yes

#7 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 30, 2011 - 03:48 PM

seems to all be working well now. took it for a spin around the yard, then added another 1/2 quart so i have 10 or a hair under, im never good at measuring out a quart in a gallon or even 5 quart bottle thanks for the advice cowhand it was sure needed.