• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 titan man OFFLINE  

titan man

• Member No: 5389
  • 0 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted August 30, 2011 - 02:03 AM

just wondering if anybody would know if the pto shaft on snowblower for a 400 is in the same location as one made for my 455 also will the splines and driveshaft be correct?

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 30, 2011 - 06:05 AM

I'm not sure about the splines but I know that the front hitches are not compatible. Have you had a look at jdparts.com to see if you can find parts info for the 2 blowers. My guess would be that they are not compatible but you may be able to adapt it to work. How much work that would be is the question.

#3 titan man OFFLINE  

titan man

• Member No: 5389
  • 0 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted August 30, 2011 - 04:43 PM

I knew the hitch would need changed. I can get that done I made new hitch for the snow/dozer blade that came off a 400. on my 455 it appears that the drive shaft goes through a hole in the front axle so I figure the location on both blowers would have to be fairly close match or the blower would not work out. used attachments are far less common and higher priced for the 455 than the 400,420,430 series.

#4 Sergeant OFFLINE  

Sergeant

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4149
  • 44 Thanks
  • 135 posts

Posted August 31, 2011 - 11:46 PM

I think You Might have Better Luck trying to adapt a Blower off a 420 or a 430 to a Deere 455. Just Because I have seen that done a few Times:thumbs: