• IamSherwood, MFDAC and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#107 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,795 Thanks
  • 2,193 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 08:15 PM

Let me know if you can't find one , mine is complete. Looks from the pics you have a plow for it?
  • yirawallygator said thank you

#108 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 09:34 PM

By frozen I mean it seems to be in a gear that doesn't exist lol. I turned the input with a wrench one day and the axle turned.... I thought, this is good, but realized the shifter was in neutral... So I dunno what happened, I think someone screwed it up. I was yanking it apart for the axle for someone else, but he found one in a peerless that would work, so I shoved it aside. If I can get just the carrier out would that be enough to fix it? Cause that is cheaper yet to ship.

#109 yirawallygator OFFLINE  

yirawallygator
  • Member No: 66382
  • 21 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 09:37 PM

No I don't have a plow but I have the dozer which was next to new and tire chains aswell as the mower. Are you saying you have a plow. I think right now my quickest option is if buzz can get that tranny apart. Like I said I hate to recover a complete good transmission just have to wait for his response. 

• TomLGT195 said thank you

#110 yirawallygator OFFLINE  

yirawallygator
  • 21 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 09:42 PM

Maybe take a picture of it first I want to confirm that that is the right axle and yes I would just need the carrier. 

By frozen I mean it seems to be in a gear that doesn't exist lol. I turned the input with a wrench one day and the axle turned.... I thought, this is good, but realized the shifter was in neutral... So I dunno what happened, I think someone screwed it up. I was yanking it apart for the axle for someone else, but he found one in a peerless that would work, so I shoved it aside. If I can get just the carrier out would that be enough to fix it? Cause that is cheaper yet to ship.

#111 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 15, 2015 - 09:55 PM

Maybe take a picture of it first I want to confirm that that is the right axle and yes I would just need the carrier.

It will be the weekend before I can even entertain ripping into it more, but will try to get it this month.

#112 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,795 Thanks
  • 2,193 posts

Posted January 16, 2015 - 05:18 AM

No that's what I meant the dozer/ plow. All I have is the mower for mine. Same model motomower as you. Tom

#113 Reggie OFFLINE  

Reggie
  • Member No: 54235
  • 63 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted January 16, 2015 - 09:18 AM

029.jpg 030.jpg 027.jpg 080.jpg 078.jpg IMG_2758_1.JPG IMG_2758_1.JPG IMG_2760.JPG IMG_2761.JPG IMG_2768.JPG

Hi Guy's this is some of my Massey collection. I had bought a massey14 last winter with a blowen motor and got 1 this fall from a Jacobson had some change over's to do to install in the massey but's back to original now and runs great

Attached Thumbnails

• 120.jpg

• DH1, Gtractor, limebuzz and 3 others have said thanks

#114 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,249 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted January 17, 2015 - 06:22 AM

Very nice collection. Even a triple and a GG in the big boy lineup.
What year is the General? Dads is a 39.
  • wvbuzzmaster and Reggie have said thanks

#115 Reggie OFFLINE  

Reggie
  • 63 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted January 17, 2015 - 06:55 AM

Hi  mine is a 39 also it has the M-H plate on the side too. I bought it from a neighbor  of mine in 1986 for $50.00 it had sat in the back corner of his shed for 21 years at that point the motor was stuck from sitting so I rebuilt it painted it in june of 86 haven't did any thing with it since other than I use to take them to shows but now they just sit in the shed last summer was the first I had any of them out since 06 but I do turn them over a few times a year. The big plowing match is about 6 miles from me this year and they want me to bring some of my stuff so we will see how it goes till then

• MH81 said thank you

#116 motobreeder ONLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted January 17, 2015 - 10:13 PM

Reggie - I like the porter cable.

#117 motobreeder ONLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted January 17, 2015 - 11:04 PM

Here are some pics

Moto-mower model 6024 has the 8hp Kohler.  The picture of the body is blurry but looks fantastic.

Any idea what caused the gear to break?

Sorry, I have a 6025 without a motor, but I'm not ready to part it out yet.

• Reggie said thank you

#118 Reggie OFFLINE  

Reggie
  • 63 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted January 18, 2015 - 06:54 AM

Thanks Moto-mower I got it from a guy down the road from me that was moving he was tossing it out he had a( big dumpster sitting in the yard) along with a rear rider JD which I just started up drove it home towing the Porter Cable. He was also tossing 3 ski doo's 69 Arlburg  74 Artic Cat Lynx and 74 Polaris 340 a double ski doo trailer. I have them all running now glad I stopped in his place that day lol he gave them all to me for haulin  it home. To top it all off evering thing was sitting inside so it's all in realy good shape

• limebuzz, KennyP and motobreeder have said thanks

#119 yirawallygator OFFLINE  

yirawallygator
  • 21 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted January 18, 2015 - 07:43 AM

No ideal motobreeder why it gernaded. You would think that the rearend is built like a tank but I guess nothing is perfect. The only thing I can think I might have done is I was pulling a garden shed out of a tight spot and ground was greasy on top and when I grabbed traction I might have done something. Because I was being a little jerky to get things moving.I like to use my things and not look at them and stuff happens normally I'm not to aggressive but I am really missing my work horse. It is a handy all around machine one of the best investments I ever made. 

• motobreeder said thank you

#120 MFDAC ONLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,026 Thanks
  • 1,122 posts

Posted January 18, 2015 - 07:59 PM

Hey Executive folks, I hope this isn't considered a hijack, but y'all talking about the trans axle got me thinking about my 8E, a situation I had forgotten about. I've never had one of these opened up so no idea what they are about inside. Anyway as some of you know I've owned it for well over 20 years. It has always popped out of first gear when used and the few times it was needed, a bungee cord on the lever would keep it in gear fine. I rarely need first so it completely slipped my mind that it does that!

Is this a sign of a catastrophic failure that could happen at any time? It lasted this long so maybe it will just keep on goin'!

DAC