#166 Cat385B OFFLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 14,455 Thanks
  • 10,184 posts

Posted December 12, 2016 - 10:50 PM

He may of forgotten where he put it........
  • Gtractor, MH81 and MFDAC have said thanks

#167 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

the homeless tractor hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 9,955 Thanks
  • 5,145 posts

Posted December 12, 2016 - 11:53 PM

2 points for Cat! 

Its not like I'm old and forgetful.  Wait,  what was we talkin-bout?  :smilewink:

Doug,  the problem is I don't have but one current-condition picture of the Executive and its not up close.

I found a donor trans that was good,  painted the seat and rims,  and installed a rope start K181, doing away with the electrical system.  I did not paint the tractor.  I did detail the "new" engine and went ahead and painted the frame around the engine area so that'd all be done.  

I can't get to it to take better pictures because its buried about mid way into a building for the winter.

For some reason the tractors are piled too close to walk between.  :beer: 
The Executive didn't even get started this year and didn't make any shows.  Maybe come spring I'll dig it out and get better pics.

Massey.jpg

Edit:  Now that I look close at the pic I don't think I painted the rear rims.  I know I painted the fronts 'cause it got "new" tires. 

Edited by Gtractor, December 13, 2016 - 12:52 AM.

• limebuzz, MFDAC, TomLGT195 and 1 other said thanks

#168 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 3,639 Thanks
  • 1,734 posts

Posted December 13, 2016 - 08:31 PM

2 points for Cat! 

Its not like I'm old and forgetful.  Wait,  what was we talkin-bout?  :smilewink:

Doug,  the problem is I don't have but one current-condition picture of the Executive and its not up close.

I found a donor trans that was good,  painted the seat and rims,  and installed a rope start K181, doing away with the electrical system.  I did not paint the tractor.  I did detail the "new" engine and went ahead and painted the frame around the engine area so that'd all be done.  

I can't get to it to take better pictures because its buried about mid way into a building for the winter.

For some reason the tractors are piled too close to walk between.  :beer: 
The Executive didn't even get started this year and didn't make any shows.  Maybe come spring I'll dig it out and get better pics.

attachicon.gifMassey.jpg

Edit:  Now that I look close at the pic I don't think I painted the rear rims.  I know I painted the fronts 'cause it got "new" tires. 

Well with all the tractors you have I will forgive you! Did some Executives have the white grill cowl like yours? Mine got started once earlier this year but the throttle cable is frozen up. I need to get it back in the shop and fix that issue and install a different carb that came off the HH120 I scrapped. Then I need to decide what I'm going to do with it since the 12G is doing the mowing and the snow removal now. Maybe a little front end loader???

Hey that is your homebuilt tractor with the Wisconsin TF engine isn't it? That's another project---do something with my TF---

Update when you can then Kris!

DAC

• Gtractor said thank you

#169 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,955 Thanks
  • 5,145 posts

Posted December 13, 2016 - 10:48 PM

Hey that is your homebuilt tractor with the Wisconsin TF engine isn't it? That's another project---do something with my TF---

No Executive grilles were factory white.  Someone rattlecanned it before I got it.

Yes, that's my Home built "Fabricobble" with the TF. 

If you need a project for your TF go buy a ratted out Crud Cadet Original and make a miniature Silver King tractor.  If your not real good at sheetmetal working you can cheat and start with a ratted out David Bradley walk behind hood.  Easy-Peasy!

Silver King.jpg

Edited by Gtractor, December 13, 2016 - 10:55 PM.

• MFDAC said thank you

#170 ACmowerguy OFFLINE  

ACmowerguy
  • Member No: 67204
  • 459 Thanks
  • 387 posts

Posted December 31, 2016 - 12:22 AM

Anyone know what the executive on that recent Southern Iowa GT auction sold for?

#171 Dayton_King OFFLINE  

Dayton_King
  • Member No: 68926
  • 1,550 Thanks
  • 1,174 posts

Posted March 20, 2017 - 08:19 PM

Anyone have a wiring diagram for a 7E

#172 Billy Ray upstate ny OFFLINE  

Billy Ray upstate ny
  • Member No: 89621
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted February 27, 2018 - 11:05 PM

Hi everyone im new to the site my grandfather has a yard full of tractors and i found myself a little moto-mower gem. Its all original one owner but im slowly restoring it im in need of the aluminum steering wheel.I think its the porter-cable version.
  • TomLGT195 said thank you

#173 TomLGT195 ONLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 4,097 Thanks
  • 2,926 posts

Posted March 01, 2018 - 05:45 PM

Hi everyone im new to the site my grandfather has a yard full of tractors and i found myself a little moto-mower gem. Its all original one owner but im slowly restoring it im in need of the aluminum steering wheel.I think its the porter-cable version.

Billy ray, Pics would be nice. Start a new thread and introduce yourself to the gang, they would love to hear the story and see the tractor. Me too.

Edited by TomLGT195, March 01, 2018 - 05:45 PM.

• limebuzz said thank you

#174 kmm0912 OFFLINE  

kmm0912
  • Member No: 84592
  • 107 Thanks
  • 52 posts

Posted March 02, 2018 - 12:09 AM

I finally got my hands on this little ole girl this week.
I've been stalking it for about a year and a half.
My best guess says it's a 1963, same as the MF7Es.
It's in rough shape, but doable. I think the original B&S 4 might even run.
Another winter project.
Here's some pics. Basically, how I got it, except for a bath, and some tin
straightening of the hood.

That’s a beauty!!!! I would leave it as is, no restore needed. IMO

#175 DHT OFFLINE  

DHT
  • Member No: 89749
  • 6 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted March 21, 2018 - 07:39 PM

I guess this MF8e I just picked up cements my first time in an Executive club. Thought I might use this one to move some trailers around. Someone else did. Probably paid too much, but less than the craftsman it’s sitting beside. I like it so much more. Don’t think I'll be able to do a full restore, but I'll certainly clean it up & tinker around. Need mower deck & front dozer blade. The 8hp someone put in is a rough runner & I think I found a 12hp Kohler locally for $140 that I might be able to use. Will look for some weights (might make them), & thinking I’ll make a hitch for the back.

oops.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20180321_154357693.jpg
  • IMG_20180321_154411326.jpg
  • IMG_20180321_154443765.jpg
  • IMG_20180321_154429306.jpg

• DMAX, Gtractor, limebuzz and 3 others have said thanks

#176 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 41,457 Thanks
  • 47,388 posts

Posted March 22, 2018 - 05:07 AM

I merged the two posts for you Doug! Nice survivor. Might want to brace that stack!

• TomLGT195 said thank you

#177 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,955 Thanks
  • 5,145 posts

Posted March 22, 2018 - 06:37 AM

DHT, I like it!!! :thumbs:

That one is a 1965 - the last year made. 

• MFDAC and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#178 Dayton_King OFFLINE  

Dayton_King
  • 1,550 Thanks
  • 1,174 posts

Posted March 22, 2018 - 06:15 PM

I guess this MF8e I just picked up cements my first time in an Executive club. Thought I might use this one to move some trailers around. Someone else did. Probably paid too much, but less than the craftsman it’s sitting beside. I like it so much more. Don’t think I'll be able to do a full restore, but I'll certainly clean it up & tinker around. Need mower deck & front dozer blade. The 8hp someone put in is a rough runner & I think I found a 12hp Kohler locally for $140 that I might be able to use. Will look for some weights (might make them), & thinking I’ll make a hitch for the back.

oops.

Your tractor Is a 1965. Last year for the executive
  • MFDAC said thank you

#179 Red Tractors OFFLINE  

Red Tractors
  • Member No: 79531
  • 73 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted March 23, 2018 - 11:47 AM

I'm really excited to find another Executive. I bought a 65 last year, but it is not worth taking pictures of. This one is a 64 with a very solid mower deck and two Brinley Harding attachments that are like the ones shown in the original 7E sales brochure. The tractor is missing the battery cover and cigarette lighter, and front tires have been changed to a newer style. It starts and runs with help from choke, but sounds very good with no smoke. Thanks to everyone on this website for all the valuable information, stories and comments. 

Red and yellow tractors have always been my favorite, but I may have to change that to red and/or yellow.

Attached Thumbnails

• MF 8E.jpg
  • 8E hitch.jpg
  • MF 42 Mower Deck.jpg
  • Brinley Cultivator.jpg
  • Brinley digger.jpg

Edited by Red Tractors, March 23, 2018 - 04:47 PM.

• DMAX, limebuzz, MFDAC and 2 others have said thanks

#180 Dayton_King OFFLINE  

Dayton_King
  • 1,550 Thanks
  • 1,174 posts

Posted March 23, 2018 - 07:22 PM

I'm really excited to find another Executive. I bought a 65 last year, but it is not worth taking pictures of. This one is a 64 with a very solid mower deck and two Brinley Harding attachments that are like the ones shown in the original 7E sales brochure. The tractor is missing the battery cover and cigarette lighter, and front tires have been changed to a newer style. It starts and runs with help from choke, but sounds very good with no smoke. Thanks to everyone on this website for all the valuable information, stories and comments. 
Red and yellow tractors have always been my favorite, but I may have to change that to red and/or yellow.

Was that the one out of California for $1500?