• limebuzz and MFDAC have said thanks

#152 chief4fels OFFLINE  

chief4fels
  • Member No: 78195
  • 6 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted December 05, 2015 - 07:31 PM

Hi folks. :wave:

I'm new to the forum and will be picking up my first MF8E tomorrow at Maryville, MO. I live outside of Strafford,MO. About a 4.5 hr drive. Think its a '64. Has a different engine and seat but the metal looks good and complete. It will be a fun project for sure.  I'll be in the market for new decals and what colors of yellow and white should I get?

I've done a Cud Cadet 127 for myself & a Porter Cable for a good friend. Time to play with another one and being from a Massey family, this one I had to get.

Thanks

• Gtractor, MH81, MFDAC and 1 other said thanks

#153 chief4fels OFFLINE  

chief4fels
  • Member No: 78195
  • 6 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted December 05, 2015 - 07:42 PM

Just Joined the Executive club!!! Brought home what I believe to be a 1964 8E. Both the tractor and mower deck serial tags are in place. The grill frame has been welded on many years ago and part of the frame near the rear may be either broken or is loose. Its not running at this time. The deck is rough and will need a new right front edge manufactured and installed. The ignition key is very unusual with a knob attached to it. One of the hood latches is missing the catch. Have wanted one of these ever since missing one ten years ago and am thrilled to have found this one. Thank you for listening to my rambling.

Like your pics. Question, what is the lever next to the left rear wheel for?

Just Joined the Executive club!!! Brought home what I believe to be a 1964 8E. Both the tractor and mower deck serial tags are in place. The grill frame has been welded on many years ago and part of the frame near the rear may be either broken or is loose. Its not running at this time. The deck is rough and will need a new right front edge manufactured and installed. The ignition key is very unusual with a knob attached to it. One of the hood latches is missing the catch. Have wanted one of these ever since missing one ten years ago and am thrilled to have found this one. Thank you for listening to my rambling.

#154 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted December 05, 2015 - 09:13 PM

I'm new to the forum and will be picking up my first MF8E tomorrow at Maryville, MO. I live outside of Strafford,MO. About a 4.5 hr drive. Think its a '64. Has a different engine and seat but the metal looks good and complete. It will be a fun project for sure.  I'll be in the market for new decals and what colors of yellow and white should I get?

I've done a Cud Cadet 127 for myself & a Porter Cable for a good friend. Time to play with another one and being from a Massey family, this one I had to get.

Thanks

I believe that Massey Industrial Yellow is the color you're looking for.

not sure if anyone has decals or not, may have to go custom

• chief4fels said thank you

#155 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,624 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted December 05, 2015 - 10:54 PM

Congrats on the Executive purchase.  I saw that one on Craigslist about two months ago. 

Rare bird indeed!

Speaking of birds,  what brand of jet do you have that'll make it from Strafford to Maryville in 4.5 hours?  :poke:

You'll be exceeding the speed limit somewhat if you can make it that quick. 

The lever by the left rear tire is the parking brake.   There is no provision to lock the foot brake pedal down so its a handy feature. 

Best of luck in your travels tomorrow!  :wave:

Edited by Gtractor, December 05, 2015 - 10:55 PM.

#156 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,802 Thanks
  • 2,201 posts

Posted December 06, 2015 - 09:49 AM

Thats the parking brake

image.jpg

• motobreeder and MFDAC have said thanks

#157 MFDAC ONLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,032 Thanks
  • 1,127 posts

Posted December 07, 2015 - 10:08 PM

Thanks

Welcome Chief, hope you got your 8E home! I know that Will, ( IamSherwood) has a source for decals, but I haven't seen any posts from him in quite a long time. Hope he comes back.

Thats the parking brake

Well Tom, that's one more thing missing from my 8E. Probably never would be able to find all the original stuff that must have been taken off it before it came to me. Been using it all these years and never knew about that brake lever and missed that on the forums too!

DAC

• TomLGT195 said thank you

#158 ACmowerguy ONLINE  

ACmowerguy
  • Member No: 67204
  • 300 Thanks
  • 298 posts

Posted December 15, 2015 - 12:19 AM

Congrats on the new find. Please post some pictures when you get a chance.

#159 MFDAC ONLINE  

MFDAC

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 2,032 Thanks
  • 1,127 posts

Posted December 19, 2015 - 09:43 PM

Congrats on the new find. Please post some pictures when you get a chance.

Any progress on your Executive, ACmowerguy?

DAC

#160 ACmowerguy ONLINE  

ACmowerguy
  • Member No: 67204
  • 300 Thanks
  • 298 posts

Posted December 19, 2015 - 10:16 PM

Any progress on your Executive, ACmowerguy?

DAC

Unfortunately nothing yet. Its under cover but I still need to get rid of some other projects so I can put it in the shed.

• MFDAC and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#161 MFDAC ONLINE  

MFDAC

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 2,032 Thanks
  • 1,127 posts

Posted December 20, 2015 - 09:20 PM

Unfortunately nothing yet. Its under cover but I still need to get rid of some other projects so I can put it in the shed.

Be sure to keep us posted when things happen with it!

DAC

#162 yirawallygator OFFLINE  

yirawallygator
  • Member No: 66382
  • 21 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted December 31, 2015 - 03:22 PM

speaking of progress I forgot to let you all know I got my baby back together. the rear end is hundred percent after being broken for almost two years. thanks to everyone who helped me out here ,for a while did not know if it was going to happen.https://youtu.be/OIq1n9eF1qc check out video its not a pile of parts in the corner any more

• DH1, motobreeder, MFDAC and 1 other said thanks

#163 bigge61 OFFLINE  

bigge61

• Member No: 2914
  • 96 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted May 30, 2016 - 09:41 PM

Well it's been a long time since I have been on the forum.... But today was a day worth sharing about (good and bad)! This morning I got my MF-8E running for the first time since I brought It home over 2 years ago!  Still need to go through the carb, she is running a little rough but no smoke!  Well speaking of smoke... My 1655 serieal #1... well my son and I were just cruzing around the farm today and the stupid Onan blew up! It's looking like a repower on that one with a Predator motor (cheap)

• MH81, MFDAC and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#164 MFDAC ONLINE  

MFDAC

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 2,032 Thanks
  • 1,127 posts

Posted May 31, 2016 - 09:46 PM

Well it's been a long time since I have been on the forum.... But today was a day worth sharing about (good and bad)! This morning I got my MF-8E running for the first time since I brought It home over 2 years ago!  Still need to go through the carb, she is running a little rough but no smoke!  Well speaking of smoke... My 1655 serieal #1... well my son and I were just cruzing around the farm today and the stupid Onan blew up! It's looking like a repower on that one with a Predator motor (cheap)

Lets see pics of your 8E running! I re-powered my 12G with a 13 HP Predator last fall and am very happy with it. I can't believe the fuel consumption difference. I just emptied the last of 5 gallons of gas into the tank tonight, getting it ready for mowing after work tomorrow. That was plowing snow three times and mowing 5 times, will get 6 tomorrow! I would have used 10 gallons with the HH120.

DAC

• limebuzz, MH81, bigge61 and 1 other said thanks