4 replies to this topic

#1 Nascar3244888 OFFLINE  

Nascar3244888

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1218
  • 164 Thanks
  • 593 posts

Posted August 28, 2011 - 07:46 AM

Anyone have any pics of a 57 or one similar ride a matic with the kohler K90 that shows the operation and hookups of the governor and carb? Reason I ask is because if you havent seen my latest video on youtube I have a problem where it appears oil is seeping out around the rod that comes out of the engine for the governor. I am trying to figure out how it operates because the governor didnt seem to work when it was running. There appears to be a small spring that works if I move it back toward the carb( with the carb off) but there appears to be no spring action if you go to rev up position which would be pushing it toward the versamatic drive. Also there is a little bracket kind of behind the metal piece that goes horizontal where a link attaches the governor to the carb. This metal piece also moves and has the spring attached. Also can someone show me how there throttle wire attaches... THANKS

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted August 28, 2011 - 07:49 AM

Hopefully this manual will be of some help
Kohler K90 Operating Instructions-Parts Manual - Manuals - Garden Tractor Talk - Forums
  • Nascar3244888 said thank you

#3 Nascar3244888 OFFLINE  

Nascar3244888

Tractorholic

• 164 Thanks
  • 593 posts

Posted August 28, 2011 - 02:04 PM

Thanks that helps alot....now if i can just figure out where to put everything so it works...

#4 Nascar3244888 OFFLINE  

Nascar3244888

Tractorholic

• 164 Thanks
  • 593 posts

Posted August 31, 2011 - 01:49 PM

Brian, Thanks again for sending me that link, I just yesterday got the governor hooked up and working!!! It also turns out that it was leaking oil out around that bushing, and upon tightening it up(it was loose) it stopped the leak!! Also I am sending you a PM about the carb....also I will post a vid sometime soon to show that the governor does infact work, seems like I need some more power out of it but, im not sure so i want you guys to hear it and see what yous think....

#5 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted August 31, 2011 - 07:44 PM

Sounds Like your making some good progress, keep us posted. I did get your PM....