• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 27, 2011 - 03:06 PM

so i was wondering what 3 point hitches go for for ht series bolens. ive been emailing someone who wants 400, plus 50 to ship and he doesnt want to include any of the clevis pins, which i would assume are grade 8 and pretty expensive. so id be into it id think over 500 bucks. now what does samsbolens 3 point hitches go for. because ive gotta see which is my best option, and which is my cheaper option. the 3 pt im looking at isnt in great shape but its usable, could use paint, has some good wear and tear. also in the pics i didnt see the little handle that stick out of the hole in the fender pan. what does that little handle do?

#2 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,179 Thanks
  • 5,205 posts

Posted August 27, 2011 - 11:33 PM

so i was wondering what 3 point hitches go for for ht series bolens. ive been emailing someone who wants 400, plus 50 to ship and he doesnt want to include any of the clevis pins, which i would assume are grade 8 and pretty expensive. so id be into it id think over 500 bucks. now what does samsbolens 3 point hitches go for. because ive gotta see which is my best option, and which is my cheaper option. the 3 pt im looking at isnt in great shape but its usable, could use paint, has some good wear and tear. also in the pics i didnt see the little handle that stick out of the hole in the fender pan. what does that little handle do?

I think sams sells his for around $300 but you can call him to find out.
The little handle that sticks out of the hole in the fender pan your talking about I belive is the Hi Low lever for the hydro.
I think he is asking alot of money for it but thats just what I think.

#3 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted August 28, 2011 - 06:10 AM

You should also get in touch with member bhts (Bob) at Bob's Lawn and Garden and see if he has any for for sale. He's reasonable, a site sponsor, and very knowledgeable on the Bolens stuff.

#4 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 28, 2011 - 09:03 AM

yeah i went on fastenal, which is where ive bought hardware before and its very good stuff, and a basic clevis pin was like a 1.25 which isnt too bad but its 50 for shipping, now that seems high.

#5 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted August 28, 2011 - 01:50 PM

You can probably find this pins at just about any of your local Ag dealers. Case-IH, JD, etc. If you have a Tractor Supply store nearby, they may have then as well.

Shucks, I'll bet that a GOOD hardeware store would have then too.

#6 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 28, 2011 - 07:37 PM

yeah im better off not buying a basket case attachment that maybe missing other parts as well. id rather get a snowblower or just put the money into other parts im in need of like a hood fuel lines ect. it seems like everytime i want something for the tractor, shes due for an oil change... just poor timing. 500 would buy me another tractor for gods sake. i got mine for 400.

#7 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted August 29, 2011 - 06:56 PM

there's a used kit on ebay BOLENS HT23 HT SERIES 3-POINT HITCH @COMPLETE@ | eBay

#8 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 29, 2011 - 07:24 PM

that **** wried to weasel 400 out of me and he has it up for 350 buy it now. jesus some poeple have nerve.

#9 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 29, 2011 - 07:28 PM

i might buy it and file a paypal claim as its missing a couple other parts. my buddy does that when a thing is missing and get s a good chunk back out of em. if i get in a really bad mood i just might.

#10 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted August 29, 2011 - 09:40 PM

That one is essentially complete and would be completely functional as pictured, once you added a few clevis pins (which is no big deal). I don't think you would be justified in filing a Paypal claim as incomplete if you bought what is pictured and it was delivered to you.

The only parts that are missing from the original kit are the parts that are associated with the 3-pt lock-up: the rod with knob that sticks out of the back of the fender pan next to the tail light, and the metal block that gets installed under the fender pan that actually locks out the 3-pt lift arm. Those are usually missing anyway, because someone takes the 3-pt off the tractor, but does not take those parts off because to do so is a PITA. The two get separated, and there you are.

#11 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 30, 2011 - 01:13 PM

wow someone got slimed for 350. atleast i wouldnt go that high, id rather see the guy lose his house. but im a rotten person and i hate to say it but im spiteful lol.

#12 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,115 posts

Posted August 30, 2011 - 01:53 PM

Looks like they got a good deal myself.As LP said 99% of them will be missing the lock out kit anyway and only $15 worth of pins needed which may come with it anyway.

#13 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted August 30, 2011 - 07:11 PM

Considering how many folks want a 3-pt for their Large Frame, and how few of them show up for sale, I think getting one for $350 is a good deal.

Edited by LPBolens, August 31, 2011 - 11:05 AM.

#14 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted August 30, 2011 - 07:36 PM

Considering how many folks wnat a 3-pt for their Large Frame, and how few of them show up for sale, I think getting one for $350 is a good deal.

Yeah, you really dont see too many of them for sale

#15 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 30, 2011 - 08:01 PM

i wonder how hard it would be to put a cat. 1 3 point on a bolens...