sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 08:34 PM

1- battery...MF10...what is correct...terminals in or terminals to the outside? Cranking Amps?

2- checking the oil- screwed in or just sitting on top- I assumed on top but wanted to make sure- manuals are not clear

3- Mentioned in an earlier post, when going from 3 to 4 or 5 speed....I was getting alot of noise/vibration. Pulled off the left side and ran it through the speeds....when I put it in 4 and 5 saw alot of vibration going on from the front varible sleeve pulley and frame area.... and louder noise/racket.....when I dropped back to 3.....pretty much smoothed back out....any ideas?? I was looking for the problem to be too much slack in the belt or the tension pulley being too high and rubbing-hitting the cover....but now I am not sure.

4- Working on both MF10.....one idles even when the throttle is all the way to the bottom ....other one cuts off when the throttle is at the bottom....low idle at bottom is the correct set up ??

Thanks for your help
Scott

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 08:41 PM

I'll try...

1: they used both. I think. If you look at the original cables, the length and routing will give it away usually. Really doesn't matter as long as there isn't any chance for short out. Amperage, I use the better ones from TSC, we'll see how they winter. They are 425cca.

2: I always checked it screwed in. IDK why, think that's how Dad told me to 30 yrs ago...

3: I would pull the footrest & cover off & see if the noise goes away. Watch those belts don't getcha.

4: Up the idle stop screw a little on the one that cuts out. It's closing too much.

5: You are welcome... hope I'm right on all of them... guys correct me where I'm wrong.
  • sacsr said thank you

#3 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 09:10 PM

Thanks for the info.

I did take the foot rest cover off.....not as loud but still a change and alot of vibration coming from 3 to 4 or 5. I starting to think I need to pull the variable drive pulley and see if something is going on there.....but why only in 4 and 5?
I did notice from the top looking down....the belt from the variable drive back to the rear drive and over the tension pulley is not in a straight line....the tension pulley looks to be out a ways. Could this be the problem?

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 09:13 PM

I'm wondering if you have a bearing going bad in the tensioner. The faster speeds that the back belt travel in Vari 4 & 5,... Makes an oscillation. If the idler is cross-eyed in there, but the shaft it rides on is straight... bearing.

#5 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 09:34 PM

I'm wondering if you have a bearing going bad in the tensioner. The faster speeds that the back belt travel in Vari 4 & 5,... Makes an oscillation. If the idler is cross-eyed in there, but the shaft it rides on is straight... bearing.

That makes sense.
Any sloppyness anywhere is going to create vibrations.
Start replace'g the worst stuff, and work your way through it

#6 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 10:08 PM

Will check in out in the am ....thanks