Got my HydroTrac 12 running today.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 whspioneer89 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 2598
  • 17 Thanks
  • 59 posts

Posted August 24, 2011 - 08:21 PM

I've owned it for at least 7-8 years. Only had it running when I bought it and once after getting it home. Just sat in the shed otherwise. It had a smaller metal gas tank and the carb was dirty. Today I took the carb off and cleaned it out, and boy did it need it. I also took the tank off and found a plastic one that fit, not perfect, but it fit. New fuel lines and air filter, good battery and it took off. Didn't smoke or knock. Center of round Nelson muffler rusted out so not much muffling. I did have to replace the left front tire as the tube burst through is as I was putting air in. Both front lights and the red rear light under the cracked deluxe white padded seat work! The alternator also charges the battery! I mounted a deck, the pre-scissor type. It cut good but broke a new B97 (5/8x100) blue Dayco belt from Fleet Farm after about 15 minutes of mowing. Going to have to buy a better grade belt. The slide in front pto might not be correct. I didn't get one with the tractor and was using an extra I have. It's black and the guard doesn't have a notch to hold it in one position. I had to take the guard off cause the belt was rubbing on it and got hot. That was just from turning it on the first time, didn't mow with it with the belt guard on the slid in pto. It also has cast rear wheel weights and 2 link chains. The throttle lever kept creeping back towards idle. Also the hydro was slow to speed up during direction changes. I'll try to get some pictures and a video soon. Might try attaching my Sears sickle mower.

Video was taken today,

Edited by whspioneer89, August 25, 2011 - 12:45 PM.

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,689 Thanks
  • 39,064 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 05:29 AM

Glad to hear it's running. Not sure on the belt issue, unless you have a bad bearing somewhere that heats up and is hard to spin. Good luck with it.

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,722 Thanks
  • 28,356 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 05:49 AM

Sounds like an interesting machine. Thanks for sharing the story and I'll watch for the pics. I knew they existed, but haven't seen one yet in person.