Posted September 16, 2011 - 10:01 PM
I also changed the oil since the float was sticking. After 45 minutes the oil still looks clear.
- larisaPn said thank you
Posted October 19, 2011 - 09:40 AM
I have since torn the carb apart twice and cleaned it only to crap get stuck in the needle valve. The tank is really bad from sitting and the Seafoam I keep in the gas is adding to the fun. I have the fluid and filter for a hydro change - gonna go Type F as so much is unknown about the tractor's history. Also working on a running list of parts for the 120 (and the 110). For the 120 I need:
- Transaxle dipstick and cap (most important)
- model 49 snowblower drive belt and hydraulic cylinder
- PTO activation lamp for the dash (not an issue but dash has an extra hole in it)
- mower drive belt and deck belt (for next spring)
Other than that I still love it.
Posted October 19, 2011 - 10:49 AM
Posted October 19, 2011 - 03:06 PM
Keep us updated on your deck rebuild, I'm interested in seeing that as I have one that needs attention too. My 314 had a very rough fender pan, I found one in much better shape and plan on using the old fender pan for deck patches. I'm thinking with all the contours, I can cut out ready shaped patches that will need minimal fitting.
Posted October 19, 2011 - 03:20 PM
Posted October 29, 2011 - 07:46 PM
I also installed the model 49 snowblower sitting in the garage.
Since the 49 was previously installed on a 318 and has a different chute control mount I used a couple of shock absorber isolators to make it work:
Here is a shot looking down the side.
From the front:
I still need to get a belt from Deere and get new hoses for the blower hydraulic lift cylinder. I will also use the chains I had on the RF110 as it has the same size tires as the 120.
Edited by Trav1s, October 29, 2011 - 07:53 PM.
Posted October 29, 2011 - 08:19 PM
Posted October 29, 2011 - 08:24 PM
That looks real good, Trav1s. Ought to keep the drive cleared this winter.
I managed to keep it clean last winter with the 110 sporting a model 42 blade - a couple of times I took care of 8-10" at a time. It was slow going but it did get the job done.
Edited by Trav1s, October 29, 2011 - 08:29 PM.
Posted October 30, 2011 - 01:20 PM
Here are some up close and personal pics of the model 41 deck that is worse than I expected. It might be time to hunt a good one down and part this one out...
After I bit of powerwashing...
Posted November 01, 2011 - 07:23 PM
Posted November 01, 2011 - 08:19 PM
Today I picked up a few more pieces from Napa to finish the blower install and a few other things. Picked up a pair of red LED marker lights to mount as tails. Tomorrow I will get the hoses made.
Posted November 02, 2011 - 11:02 AM
Posted November 02, 2011 - 11:19 AM
Got the mocked-up hoses to test-fit after lunch. Added a couple of 90's and swivels to make the installation look cleaner and add to ease of installation. While it will ad a bit to the cost I think it will a wise choice. I will get some pics posted up later today when the hoses are finished. It looks like I am just about right on time as the weatherman says eastern Nebraska is gonna get some winter lovins tonight. Oh goodie...
Posted November 04, 2011 - 02:35 PM
Posted November 12, 2011 - 06:28 PM
I got the belt and hydro dipstick/cap for the 120. The dipstick/cap combo was painful at $50!!!! The other parts are for the 110.
Here is the 120 all ready for snow (minus the chains)
- twostep said thank you