• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lowrider OFFLINE  

lowrider

• Member No: 5529
  • 1 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted August 24, 2011 - 10:43 AM

These questions are probably answered elsewhere on the forum, but I have not found them so far. Any direction or info would be greatly appreciated. I ordered a new filter, and want to get this going correctly. Is it okay to use clear silicone or some other type of "form-a-gasket" to re-install the reservoir pan or would it be better to cut out a new gasket? Also, my MF12's do not have reservoir tanks beneath the seat, and the issue of fluid level in the hydra is still not totally clear from the information I have. Thanks very much for any help.:bounce:

Lowrider

#2 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted August 24, 2011 - 11:13 AM

My 12 (1968) didn't have the reservoir either. I had a parts machine as well, that donated it's under the seat tank.
Trying to fill the tank without the reservoir was painful. If you're not going to add an underseat tank, fill it to the top, and check
it several times after operation.
ATF is what most use as fluid.
A good quality form a gasket should do the trick. Hopefully you won't be having to take it apart
any time soon.
  • lowrider said thank you

#3 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted August 24, 2011 - 11:23 AM

Where did you find the filter?

#4 lowrider OFFLINE  

lowrider

• Member No: 5529
  • 1 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted August 24, 2011 - 11:54 AM

Todd, I found the filter at www.partspring.com. It is the same as New Holland JAC545440. It was also less expensive here than it was at the local New Holland dealer.

Cheers,

Lowrider

Edited by lowrider, August 24, 2011 - 11:56 AM.
error

• tweidman said thank you

#5 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted August 24, 2011 - 01:58 PM

Todd, I found the filter at New Holland. It is the same as New Holland JAC545440. It was also less expensive here than it was at the local New Holland dealer.

Cheers,

Lowrider

Thanks.
I guess if I was smarter, I would have seen that there is a sticky that already includes that information. Duh!

#6 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted August 24, 2011 - 04:43 PM

Hello Lowrider,

I have just been wrestling with some of these same issues. If there is no reservoir under the seat, then the dip stick/breather tube is located just in front of the left wheel. Look for a piece of tube, or perhaps it looks like a solid rod, bent in a half circle. Remove the nut(s) as needed to open up the reservoir. I then used a handy little pump I got at my local boat store to fill outboard engine gearcases. It uses a pump action like a soap dispenser, there is a clear plastic tube that can fit right into small holes. Several quick pumps of the device and you have transfered a quart of oil into its new home.

Edited by HowardsMF155, August 24, 2011 - 07:36 PM.
spelling:(

• lowrider said thank you