• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RHJO51 OFFLINE  

RHJO51

• Member No: 4772
  • 0 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted August 24, 2011 - 06:26 AM

Hey Guys, I just put together a LT155 Lawn Tractor (used a few LT150 parts) and it runs great. I used a 38" deck and I noticed that when the deck is lowered and the PTO is off, the deck belt does not spin. However if I raise the deck with the PTO off, the deck beck starts spinning. I believe I have the spindle brakes set correctly as the stop the belt when the deck is lowered. Any ideas? Is it the adjustment on the PTO engage arm? I also noticed this deck seems to have a lot of vibration, is this normal on these 38"decks/tractors? Thanks - Jim

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,591 Thanks
  • 14,140 posts

Posted August 24, 2011 - 11:04 AM

It sounds like the belt may be too short or tight causing it to partially engage when the deck is lifted. I can't help you on the vibration. I would verify that the belt routing is correct and PTO engagement gear is all in good shape.

#3 RHJO51 OFFLINE  

RHJO51

• Member No: 4772
  • 0 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 07:10 AM

Brian, you were correct! I tried adjusting the current belt but that didn't solve the problem. I then tried a different belt I had that was a little bit longer and what do you know, no more engaging the mower deck when in the transport position and the deck vibration went away as well. I realized that I had been using the deck belt from the LT150 which may be slightly different than this LT155. Not clear, but it's working better now. I may need to get a brand new belt but I need to make sure I order the right one. Thanks again. - Jim

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,591 Thanks
  • 14,140 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 07:39 AM

Glad to hear you got it sorted out Jim.