Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips and how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

Hines Tractors

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Gary Burnett OFFLINE  

Gary Burnett

• Member No: 44
  • 9 Thanks
  • 98 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 08:04 PM

Anyone else here own a Hines tractor?

#2 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 13,440 Thanks
  • 20,637 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 08:09 PM

Never seen one in person, they look a little like the Allis Chalmers "G" don't they?

Allis
Posted Image

Hines
Posted Image

#3 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 18,925 Thanks
  • 23,876 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 08:13 PM

Gary, I know I've said this before, but you REALLY need to get a digital camera....for all our sakes! LOL I know you have tons of super stuff to share with us!

#4 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,569 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 08:44 PM

There was one of those at the local fair last week...and I went there without my camera :wallbanging:

#5 Gary Burnett OFFLINE  

Gary Burnett

• 9 Thanks
  • 98 posts

Posted August 24, 2011 - 05:38 AM

My sister in coming up from Texas in a couple weeks I'll try to get her to take and post some pictures.The Hines were built in Rocky Mount NC in the early 80's,I have 3 of them use one for cultivating,has midmount and rear Cat 0 3pt,hydraulics and hydrostatic drive about the best culitvating tractor I've found and I've used about all of them at one time or another.Have managed to find several plows,cultivators,tool bars and decks for them.Powered by a Kohler single cylinder 16HP engine.The engine and drive is exactly like my Ford LGT 16 then a set of chains drive the large wheels off the Peerless rear axles.

#6 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 11,482 Thanks
  • 24,886 posts

Posted August 24, 2011 - 05:44 AM

Gary, have you got manuals for these on your computer? I would like to see this drive system. I'll be looking for the pics.

#7 Gary Burnett OFFLINE  

Gary Burnett

• 9 Thanks
  • 98 posts

Posted August 24, 2011 - 06:22 AM

All my manuals are just like they came from the dealer,I collect manuals and ad literature literally have a couple tons of it.

#8 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 11,482 Thanks
  • 24,886 posts

Posted August 24, 2011 - 06:33 AM

I was hoping you had something to upload. You have my interest in these tractors. I'm glad you have found some implements for them.

#9 Gary Burnett OFFLINE  

Gary Burnett

• 9 Thanks
  • 98 posts

Posted August 24, 2011 - 06:46 AM

John Blue and Tuff-Bilt made similar tractors and Tuff-Bilt still builds one located in Alabama.I've been around all three and think the Hines has the best design for cultivating.There is a guy near me that has a completely restored John Blue for sale for $10,000 a little salty for me but it is a rare tractor in excellent condition.Think I have around $2500 in all three tractors and about a dozen pieces of equipment.The one I use has less then 300 hrs on it and almost all that was mowing grass.

#10 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 18,925 Thanks
  • 23,876 posts

Posted August 24, 2011 - 01:11 PM

My sister in coming up from Texas in a couple weeks I'll try to get her to take and post some pictures.

How bout a TON of pictures! :D I'd love to see your collection!

#11 Gary Burnett OFFLINE  

Gary Burnett

• 9 Thanks
  • 98 posts

Posted August 24, 2011 - 01:32 PM

Daniel you need to take a ride over my way sometime and spend a day or so looking.I64 all the way from KY to Charlottesville,I'm about 10 miles North of Charlottesville just off US 29.Lots to see 3 of us serious collectors within about 4 miles of me.Between the 3 of us you'll have over 400 tractors to look at.Most all of the different brands.Lots of Brinly and other small equipment.Then there are the steel wheel walkbehind tractors........

#12 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 254 Thanks
  • 1,497 posts

Posted August 24, 2011 - 01:41 PM

John Blue and Tuff-Bilt made similar tractors and Tuff-Bilt still builds one located in Alabama.I've been around all three and think the Hines has the best design for cultivating.There is a guy near me that has a completely restored John Blue for sale for $10,000 a little salty for me but it is a rare tractor in excellent condition.Think I have around $2500 in all three tractors and about a dozen pieces of equipment.The one I use has less then 300 hrs on it and almost all that was mowing grass.

There was a John Blue at the a plow day I went to last year. It was real neat. It had a Cub motor in it. Like out of a Cub low boy. The right front tire was offset and the plow ran directly in front of the rear tire. The gentleman that had it said he had 2 or 3 others.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Gary Burnett OFFLINE  

Gary Burnett

• 9 Thanks
  • 98 posts

Posted August 24, 2011 - 01:59 PM

Interesting I've never seen one with a plow on it,can't see why he'd be running the front wheel in plowed ground and not in the furrow.The Hines has a 3pt on the rear also and thats where the plow hooks up.The plow is a Cat 0 but has a longer beam to fit the hitch and get out from underneath the tractor.

#14 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 254 Thanks
  • 1,497 posts

Posted August 24, 2011 - 02:04 PM

Interesting I've never seen one with a plow on it,can't see why he'd be running the front wheel in plowed ground and not in the furrow.The Hines has a 3pt on the rear also and thats where the plow hooks up.The plow is a Cat 0 but has a longer beam to fit the hitch and get out from underneath the tractor.

The front wheel runs in the previous furrow, and the rear runs in the furrow that is being made.

#15 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 748 Thanks
  • 3,285 posts

Posted August 24, 2011 - 02:04 PM

If you look close you will see that the front wheel runs in the previous farrow and the rear wheel runs in the new farrow.