• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Frank Morris OFFLINE  

Frank Morris

• Member No: 5542
  • 11 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 05:44 PM

Any ideas or thoughts to adding hydraulic lift to a pre 1974 case 224 with manual lift? can it be done, should it be done, is it expensive, or hard to do? Thanks

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,302 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 08:21 PM

Anyone know if the 224 has aux hydro ports?

#3 Billygoat OFFLINE  

Billygoat

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2454
  • 76 Thanks
  • 206 posts

Posted August 29, 2011 - 02:12 PM

There was an option to have hyd. lift on the older tractors. Most of the "armstrong" models had a single spool valve for hydraulics. The ones with hydraulic lift have a two spool valve. It is possible to convert to hydraulic lift but would be a lot easier if one were to have a complete parts tractor. If you have any more questions please ask, the conversion can be done.

#4 Frank Morris OFFLINE  

Frank Morris

• 11 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted August 30, 2011 - 08:50 AM

There was an option to have hyd. lift on the older tractors. Most of the "armstrong" models had a single spool valve for hydraulics. The ones with hydraulic lift have a two spool valve. It is possible to convert to hydraulic lift but would be a lot easier if one were to have a complete parts tractor. If you have any more questions please ask, the conversion can be done.

Thanks, for the info, I see there is a hole in the dash for the lever, not sure if I want one, but a parts tractor would be the best route for sure, thanks again

#5 cp7 OFFLINE  

cp7

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1369
  • 58 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted August 30, 2011 - 08:55 PM

It's a relativly easy swap and the parts would run about $100 - $150.
Where are you at in Ks. Frank? I'm south of KC.

#6 Frank Morris OFFLINE  

Frank Morris

• 11 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted September 01, 2011 - 05:36 PM

Ft. Scott, but I'm temporarily in Springfield Mo, there was a nice 222 with deck and blade near Branson for 350, again not sur I wanttodo a swap

#7 cp7 OFFLINE  

cp7

• Contributor
  • 58 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted September 02, 2011 - 09:16 AM

I've got all the parts you'd need to convert if you decide to.

#8 Frank Morris OFFLINE  

Frank Morris

• 11 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted September 02, 2011 - 06:21 PM

Thanks I REALLY appreciate it, I'd really like your take on weather or not I should do it. I like things original, but this was a original option. Thanks, Frank

#9 cp7 OFFLINE  

cp7

• Contributor
  • 58 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted September 05, 2011 - 07:27 PM

If your going to be using attachments, lifting them manually will get old quick.
There's not really such a thing as original on these Cases. Unless someone has the sales receipt for their tractor there's nothing in the serial numbers to tell what options it left the factory with. As long as you use factory parts no one would know that a tractor didn't come that way.
Most of these guys are very knowledgeable about which years where painted what and which attachment would have been with what so you do have to watch out but for what your talking it's a common swap and virtually undetectable.

#10 Frank Morris OFFLINE  

Frank Morris

• 11 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 08:19 AM

If your going to be using attachments, lifting them manually will get old quick.
There's not really such a thing as original on these Cases. Unless someone has the sales receipt for their tractor there's nothing in the serial numbers to tell what options it left the factory with. As long as you use factory parts no one would know that a tractor didn't come that way.
Most of these guys are very knowledgeable about which years where painted what and which attachment would have been with what so you do have to watch out but for what your talking it's a common swap and virtually undetectable.

Thanks, my buddy wants to buy my 224, whether I keep it, or he buys it, I think we decided to upgrade to hydro lift, can you PM me about the parts and price, thanks.