• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 04:45 PM

I am curious to find out what all model garden tractors that Bush Hog made over the years? I know you don't see the Bush Hogs too often and while it would be cool to have one of each I can only imagine how long it would take to do that.

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,593 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 04:55 PM

Lets see....T-63, V3-6, V4-6, V4-7, D4-10, D4-12, HD-12, HW-12, JBI, and JBII

I have a T-63, two D4-10, three JBI's, and a V4-6. Then a parts D4-10. Also I have two snow blades for D4-10's, and two for JBI's, and the D4-10 snowblower courtesy of member Ducky!
Yep, I'll get more when I can, but I'd only try for models I don't have unless the price was too good to pass up on a duplicate model. I have NEVER laid eyes on an HW-12 or even heard of anyone that has one.
  • MAV said thank you

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 04:59 PM

I know there is also a D4-7 which I have and that is the only reason I know LOL. So Bush Hog made a V4-7 and a D4-7 garden tractor?

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 05:00 PM

I know what else I want to ask. What all implements did they have that would run off of the rear pto that is on some of the models like the D4-10?

#5 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,593 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 05:08 PM

I know there is also a D4-7 which I have and that is the only reason I know LOL. So Bush Hog made a V4-7 and a D4-7 garden tractor?

Yep, you caught me napping. They did make a D4-7!

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,593 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 05:10 PM

The T-63, and all the D series have the auto style direct drive clutch, coupled to 2 speed with hi/lo for 4 forward, 2 reverse speeds. The V3 has variable sheave with 3 speed forward, single reverse. The V4 was variable sheave with 4 forward speeds/single reverse. The HD is hydro just like the JB series, but on the D style chassis. The HW evidently was pretty much the same as the HD, but I have no true info other than specs, and the specs are the same as the HD.
T-63 came with Wisconsin, the V series were Tecumseh, the D came with both Tecumseh & Wisconsin, and the JB's were all Briggs cast iron.

#7 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,593 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 05:14 PM

I know what else I want to ask. What all implements did they have that would run off of the rear pto that is on some of the models like the D4-10?

There was a T-42A (trailing rotary bush hog) with 42" cut.

DSC00070.jpg

And the St-32 tiller, which I have, but needs gearbox repair. Sadly, that is not a Bush Hog cultivator in the pic. That is Sears. The tiller uses twin chain drives to the tine shaft, and the gearbox main output shaft is broken. When I get around to it, I'll machine a new one.

Bush Hog Tiller ST=32.jpg

Edited by olcowhand, August 23, 2011 - 05:21 PM.

#8 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 05:32 PM

Wow, I would love to have the rear rotary bush hog. I have a feeling it would take quite a few years to find one of them.

#9 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,593 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 06:06 PM

Wow, I would love to have the rear rotary bush hog. I have a feeling it would take quite a few years to find one of them.

I've only seen the factory restored one I posted the pic of. I do however have a S4242 3-point lift bush hog for using on the JB's. I think the HD & HW also had optional rear pto, so they would be able to use this rotary cutter also. I had to put new bearings & seals in this one's gearbox, and re-machine the shaft where the seal ran as it was pitted badly. I machined it down to fit the next size seal.

Bush Hof S4242 rotary.jpg

I paid $1200 for this JBI, with the tiller, Sears cultivator, and the S4242 3pt rotary cutter.

JBI.jpg

The tractor wouldn't run day of pickup, but took only an hour to fire her up. She runs like new...NO smoke at all. I was very happy with the purchase, mainly because of the 3pt mower!

Edited by olcowhand, August 23, 2011 - 06:11 PM.

• NUTNDUN said thank you

#10 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 06:08 PM

I've only seen the factory restored one I posted the pic of. I do however have a S4242 3-point lift bush hog for using on the JB's. I think the HD & HW also had optional rear pto, so they would be able to use this rotary cutter also. I had to put new bearings & seals in this one's gearbox, and re-machine the shaft where the seal ran as it was pitted badly. I machined it down to fit the next size seal.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19632[/ATTACH]

Very cool Daniel. Thanks for posting it.

I am guessing Bush Hog didn't have much for literature did they? I am sure they did to some extent but not near what some of the other companies did?

#11 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,593 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 06:13 PM

Not a ton of literature, but a guy in western Ky has the most I've ever seen. He has quite a few BH tractors, and a total of 160+ GT's!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, he does! But he doesn't do computers dang it. I want to visit him soon too. Bout 1 1/2hrs from me.

#12 Gary Burnett OFFLINE  

Gary Burnett

• Member No: 44
  • 10 Thanks
  • 98 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 08:02 PM

I have a Cat 0 box blade that the fellow that sold it said it was sold with a Jabalina II,right color and heavy duty.Also have a mower deck and a front blade for the JB II plus a mower deck for the D4-10

#13 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,593 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 08:10 PM

I also have 2 decks for the D4-10, and a deck for a JB, but it's in rough shape. No rust through, but gearbox stuck as well as the spindles. I may never get around to fixing it, but I hope to.

#14 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted August 26, 2011 - 07:05 PM

I'm intrigued by these hogs.

#15 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 26, 2011 - 07:12 PM

Were they sold as a small tractor for commercial use such as for golf courses and landscaping companies or were they in the residential market as well? I don't think they had a presence in this part of Canada. I've never seen one in person or for sale here.