• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Cpc OFFLINE  

Cpc

• Member No: 5582
  • 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 09:44 AM

I have a 112 electric lift with a 43 plow and the heavy duty front lift rod. All the parts seem to be there and everything from the lift motor to the lift rod seem to be connected and working properly. The problem is there is no place to mount the front pivot. There is no ear welded to bolt the pivot to as was done on early models, and no holes drilled for the latter models. I have both style pivots, but neither seem to fit this tractor. Am I missing something ? The tractor is a 1973-high serial number. I bought it and the plow together and I believe they were used together. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 10:05 AM

Welcome to GTTalk. I'm not familiar with the 112. Have you had a look at the 112 diagrams on JDParts.com. There are several diagrams delated to the electric lift. There may be some info there on the changes with different ser. No's. If you can't find what you need there, let us know as there are other 112 owners here who should be able to help out.

#3 Cpc OFFLINE  

Cpc

• 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 12:10 PM

I've looked at the diagrams and I don't seem to be missing anything except a place to mount the pivot that connects the lift arm to the plow. Maybe the tractor itself is missing something? I thought the plow was once mounted to the tractor, but maybe not.

#4 fishman OFFLINE  

fishman

• Member No: 5368
  • 19 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 02:55 PM

Could you post some pictures of the front end & the plow. I have a 110 with electric lift.

#5 Cpc OFFLINE  

Cpc

• 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 03:12 PM

Sorry, I have no way to take or post pics. The plow attaches to the small link, then the link attaches to the pivot. There is just no place on the tractor to mount the pivot. Could it have been a "drill your own" case for some late model 112s?

#6 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 04:46 PM

It's funny that it isn't addressed in the diagrams as a serial no. change. There are bound to be more opinions so just wait a bit before drilling a hole. Perhaps someone with a similar setup could post some pictures and show you how it hooks up.
  • Cpc said thank you

#7 Cpc OFFLINE  

Cpc

• 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 05:35 PM

Thanks, it's usually a good idea to wait a bit before drilling or cutting!

#8 fishman OFFLINE  

fishman

• Member No: 5368
  • 19 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 09:24 PM

Here are some pictures of mine. Im not sure what you needed but hope this helps. Tell me and I can try to get you more or better ones.

Attached Thumbnails

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314152549.428334.jpg
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314152595.357296.jpg
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314152620.206673.jpg

• Cpc said thank you

#9 lyall ONLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,745 Thanks
  • 1,396 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 09:56 PM

[ATTACH]19677[/ATTACH]

know that are several way the lift rod the attaches the the pivot point
the pivot arm connects to the no 7 strap that connect to the blade so that it can lift the blade up or down

I hope this helps
good luck

Attached Thumbnails

• lift.jpg

#10 Cpc OFFLINE  

Cpc

• 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 10:11 PM

Fishman, the photo shows where the pivot arm should attach, but on my tractor there are no holes in the frame to bolt it to. There are no indications that any holes were filled or any modifications made. I can't imagine why my 112 doesn't have any provision for mounting the pivot arm since the tractor came with the plow and every diagram and photo I've seen shows it mounted where yours is. Maybe the plow was never actually mounted on this tractor, and the mounting holes were just "missed" at the factory?

#11 Cpc OFFLINE  

Cpc

• 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 10:25 PM

IyaII, do you know if any of these attached without the pivot? Could I attach the lift rod directly to the plow without hurting anything?

#12 lyall ONLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,745 Thanks
  • 1,396 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 10:12 PM

I would not attach the rod directly, it is not long enough to do that. You need to get a pivot arm or make one. If need to make one somebody here will get the dimensions so that you can make one.
Without the pivot arm it would be hard to lift the attachment that is on the front of your tractor
  • Cpc said thank you

#13 Cpc OFFLINE  

Cpc

• 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted August 26, 2011 - 07:20 AM

Thanks, I don't need to make the pivot arm, I just need to find the proper place to mount it. I'll just have to position it where I think it should go and drill some holes or weld it in place. I still don't understand why there isn't already a way to attach it to the tractor. Everything else went right on with no problems.

#14 lyall ONLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,745 Thanks
  • 1,396 posts

Posted August 26, 2011 - 09:21 PM

if you weld it remove the battery first before to weld it or you will have to buy a battery
I will try to get some pictures from my 110 sf and my 212 or 214 to see if they here you
good luck

Edited by lyall, August 27, 2011 - 09:11 PM.

#15 Cpc OFFLINE  

Cpc

• 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted August 26, 2011 - 09:32 PM

Thanks for the reminder about the battery. With the storm coming, I won't be working on it till next weekend.