• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 wickedsix OFFLINE  

wickedsix

• Member No: 5749
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 11:02 PM

Hello everyone! I'm new here. My neighbor gave me a YT18H that he picked up from a job he was on. I got it running, tires hold air, and everything works great! I'm trying to get rid of all the shortcut rigging on this thing that the previous owner did. My hood has a cable, but I have no idea where it hooks to, so it just folds completely forward and onto the ground. I was hoping someone could take a picture or explain how it connects to the engine or frame.

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 04:22 AM

Welcome to GTtalk.
Is one end of the cable hooked to the headlight bracket? I can't figure out where the other end hooks up from the parts break down at Messicks. What year is your YT? They have different parts lists according to year.

#3 wickedsix OFFLINE  

wickedsix

• 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 07:58 AM

Yes, it is hooked up to the headlight bracket. I'm pretty sure it's a '90 model. When I get home from work, I'll post some pics and model number.

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 04:37 PM

It bolts down with a 1/4-20 bolt, so you will have to find a hole somewhere that the cable will hold the hood up. Not sure where that might be, I haven't seen one of these before. Parts list shows nothing as far as where that bolt goes.

#5 cdeal28078 OFFLINE  

cdeal28078

• Member No: 4906
  • 6 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 03:47 PM

On my 84-85 LGT 12H with a 12hp Kohler it bolts to the headlight bracket and the other end bolts to the front left corner of the muffler housing. There is a 1/4"x 20 bolt there that it bolts to. Might not be the same but it is how mine is. I can take a picture if it'll help
clint
  • KennyP said thank you

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 05:10 PM

Clint, thank you for joining in. I'm at a loss on the newer models & some of the older as well. Be nice if we could get some manuals for these newer Gilson Fords.

#7 wickedsix OFFLINE  

wickedsix

• 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 10:57 PM

On my 84-85 LGT 12H with a 12hp Kohler it bolts to the headlight bracket and the other end bolts to the front left corner of the muffler housing. There is a 1/4"x 20 bolt there that it bolts to. Might not be the same but it is how mine is. I can take a picture if it'll help
clint

I would greatly appreciate it if you could! I haven't been able to get home from work before dark this week. I could see it attaching there, but a pic would be great! :) I appreciate everyone's help on this!

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted August 26, 2011 - 03:46 AM

Maybe this will show a place to bolt it to.

YT18H.jpg

The spot I circled has a hole, but nothing shown going there. Could be your attachment point.

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted August 29, 2011 - 04:43 PM

wickedsix, fordphan posted a pic of his tractor and it shows exactly where his is attached. Pic can be found here: http://gardentractor...8617/#post90979