#31 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 13, 2012 - 05:04 AM

In my case, I hate to say it, but it's my aging eyes. Changing cover lenses sure does help though! Last time it didn't help much to change the lens, so I removed the auto lens box & gave it a good de-smoking. BIG difference!

Definitely my eyes too.

#32 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted January 13, 2012 - 11:26 AM

I wonder if we should start another thread so that people who are already set up to weld can give tips and show their setups to those of us who are just starting. I am very curious about the safety equipment that people use like clothing and gloves, what works for you and why etc. Also welding tables and clamps, brushes, grinders, helmets, ventilation, etc. Identifying and dealing with hazards are another thing that inexperienced folks may find valuable.

#33 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted January 13, 2012 - 12:39 PM

I wonder if we should start another thread so that people who are already set up to weld can give tips and show their setups to those of us who are just starting. I am very curious about the safety equipment that people use like clothing and gloves, what works for you and why etc. Also welding tables and clamps, brushes, grinders, helmets, ventilation, etc. Identifying and dealing with hazards are another thing that inexperienced folks may find valuable.

Sure you can. I don't qualify as a safety advisor. Though it's now been several months since I last needed to go to Medexpress. :booboo: I'm due.

#34 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6294
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted January 13, 2012 - 04:34 PM

I think that would be a good idea. I sure we have lots of clever ideas on here that some of us could copy. I would be willing to show off just a little bit.:smile1: Not that I have all that much but it's been getting what I need done so far.