#1 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4529
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 05:02 PM

so i made the 446 run good, pulled out about 40-50 lbs of mouse house from under the engine tins, and it doesn't want to over heat now. alls good!:smile1:
however, either going forward or reverse is a little (mostly alot) jerky. weather your trying to speed up or slow down, every increment you move the lever it jerks to that speed sharply.
also, when your going down a hill in low, it wants to "freewheel", so you have to use the parking brake to slow down or stop. haven't tried it in high to see if it also does it in that as of yet, nor reverse.
what do i need to look for? i don't have alot of experience with these cases, or their speed controls. anybody?:blush2:

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 05:16 PM

More then likely you don't have the holding valve which helps maintain speed going down a hill. I think you will experience a little jerkiness with the way the hydro lever is notched for speed adjustments. I am sure someone with a little more experience on the Cases will be able to help you out.
  • brokenbudget said thank you

#3 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 05:18 PM

it very well could be the way your saying nutn, i don't have enough know's on these particular tractors:smile1:

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,628 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 07:47 PM

I've driven 3 different Case tractors & all of them would jerk with every notch. Pretty much the nature of the beast. I don't know when they started adding the holding valves, but the earlier ones without it could get you plenty hurt if you didn't have good brakes.

#5 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 09:09 PM

Problem is when you hit the brakes the travel lever returns to neutral. If you look on the dash there is a "retard function for forward and reverse. With the engine at full throttle, go down hill in the "retard" position and it will work pretty good. Dont hit the brakes. Sort of counterintuitive.

Check the linkage for slop. Easy to see with the access plate removed. Also the ball joint going into the valve is something to check

#6 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 06:50 AM

:worshippy2:thanx guys!:worshippy2: i knew i could count on yous for the answers i was a needing:worshippy1:
i think it may just be that i'm not exactly in tune with this tractor, don't know the quirks so to speak. good thing it taint mine. i like it, just don't seem to feel comfy using a tiller speed control i guess. considering this particular tractor is going to have a loader added to it in the fall. too many hands not on the steering wheel:puke2:
i'm going to look at the valve and see if there is any problems just in case (:D). i don't really think there is but.....

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 07:21 AM

If it doesn't have a holding valve I would definitely get one before putting a loader on it.

#8 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 07:41 AM

If it doesn't have a holding valve I would definitely get one before putting a loader on it.

WHAAAA? and take away all the fun?:bigrofl:
oh yeah, i'll be looking for one before that happens, if it doesn't already have one thats just either dirty, stuck or broken:smile1:

#9 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted September 05, 2011 - 09:57 AM

OK! so. i went out and gave her a good run for about an hour yesterday. it seems it will sometimes hold on a hill and sometimes it won't:wallbanging: this is in low. will climb a hill no problem.
in high, it will hold everytime, but struggles to get up a 2' high hill. the pump starts whining like a 3 year old kid:blush2: so i guess i have a little more work on this tractor before i see it go.
so what do i need to look at now? where is the 'holding valve' located?
for some reason i can't load a manual for this tractor from anywhere:confuse:
i have top men on the job of figuring that issue out. top men.:bounce:
and the tractor still wants to run a little warm.....:mad2:
OOOOOH WHY DO I PICK THESE EASY JOBS?:D

#10 Billygoat OFFLINE  

Billygoat

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2454
  • 76 Thanks
  • 206 posts

Posted September 05, 2011 - 06:54 PM

what's the serial#? I'll try to find the manual.

#11 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted September 06, 2011 - 11:35 AM

it'll be the weekend before i get the serial number off of it. i'm outta town at the moment:smile1:

#12 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted September 10, 2011 - 08:08 AM

okee day! i have the numbers in a pic. easier than using the brain and paper:smile1:
Posted Image
thats the only plate on the tractor. and it's a bit of a pain to get a good pic of:blush2:

#13 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted September 14, 2011 - 05:25 PM

ttt!

#14 Boss 448 OFFLINE  

Boss 448

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1724
  • 48 Thanks
  • 248 posts

Posted September 21, 2011 - 10:32 AM

the pump starts whining like a 3 year old kid

Something ain't right. According to service bulletins I have seen on this model the pump should whine like a teenager when you take away their iPhone.:bigrofl:

JN