#1 sacsr OFFLINE  

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,253 Thanks
  • 3,279 posts

Posted August 21, 2011 - 05:05 PM

Here are the two MF10 I picked up then headed to the Old Tyme Days tractor show. Got a chance to meet Todd, George and George Sr at the show. Learned alot and saw alot of great garden tractors......I had no idea there were so many makers of lawn tractors!

Anyway my plans are to take the two mf10 ...take all the best stuff to make a keeper then sell the other. Both run so no issues there.....

The "newer" looking one is going to be the keeper.....mainly because the guy I bought it from bought it new in 1967. He still had all is paperwork and most of the maintance. The motor had been rebuilt in 1997 .......

Thanks to Todd for showing me what is correct and what is previous owner changes. Also found out in my stuff was a really nice steering wheel cap.....who would have known it was hard to find!

Will try to log what I do and when with pictures....

One thing the guy said the mf10 issues was in any gear....once you go over 3 speed...it starts making a noise.....sounds like the belt is rubbing....anyone had this happen before?

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1886.jpg
  • IMG_1887.jpg
  • IMG_1889.jpg
  • IMG_1893.jpg
  • IMG_1911.jpg

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted August 21, 2011 - 05:27 PM

It was very nice meeting you and I am glad you were able to make it to the show. Both of the 10's look nice. I remember seeing them on the trailer out in the parking lot when I was running around trying to take care of some stuff for the show.

#3 Gary Burnett OFFLINE  

Gary Burnett

• Member No: 44
  • 10 Thanks
  • 98 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 01:39 AM

I remember seeing those at the show too,if you need anymore of them I have several MF 10's and 12's around here I'd like to sell
also have a brand new TEC 12HP engine still in the box short block with head.

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 04:31 AM

Congratulations on the MF 10s.

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,699 Thanks
  • 28,342 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 06:08 AM

Very nice looking pair there.

sounds like a belt is rubbing

Is the noise coming from the right hand side almost inline with the shifter? If so, the belts have gotten longer thru wear and stretching and that's the tensioner rubbing on the underside of the tin. You will need to read the service manual to adjust it properly but there are shims that are in the rear pulley and you need to take a couple out. This can be done with the tire and footrest on, but it is MUCH easier with at least the tire off. Read the manual first.
  • sacsr said thank you

#6 tweidman OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 09:15 AM

It was great meeting you in person Scott. I can't wait to track your progress.