• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 RonnieK OFFLINE  

RonnieK

• Member No: 597
  • 1 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted August 19, 2011 - 02:05 PM

Anyone have a p/n or source other than jd? It has phillips t26 on it but a search comes up with nothing. I have been picking at this a little at a time so the wife doesnt notice me playing with both tractors. thanks Ronnie

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 20, 2011 - 07:07 AM

I just signed in a jdparts.com and searched out the part info for the lamps. The specs are lamp#4414 - 12.8v 18w. If you do a search on #4414 lamp it will come up with a number of sources. Looks like about 9$ from JD and 6$ from a second source. I do not have a 140 so please verify this info. before purchasing from a second source.

#3 Gibby OFFLINE  

Gibby

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4886
  • 96 Thanks
  • 360 posts

Posted August 20, 2011 - 02:05 PM

Any auto parts store would have them I think. My cubs and sears use the same bulb as do about anything else that uses that size bulb(4 inch I think).

#4 RonnieK OFFLINE  

RonnieK

• Member No: 597
  • 1 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted September 08, 2011 - 07:38 PM

a little searching like you stated I found the 4414 #. Local parts store had them, tractor supply wanted my left nut for them, I laughed and walked out.

#5 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted September 08, 2011 - 09:36 PM

Amazon.com: GE 24478 - 4414 Miniature Automotive Light Bulb: Home Improvement

#6 AV430 OFFLINE  

AV430

• Member No: 2370
  • 53 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted September 13, 2011 - 09:35 PM

Not wanting to spend the money for Mother Deerest lights for my 140, I bought these lights from Walmart. They are 3.5" round driving lights. The original lights are 3" so I had to enlarge the opening in the headlight bezel. I then mounted the lights on a small piece of plywood and mounted that to the bolts that hold the headlight bezel to the hood supports. I trimed down the piece of plywood and painted it black. The lights are cheap, $19 and are very bright, (2) 55 watt halogens. I think they look good too. The lights draw 9 amps which is nearly double what the lighting circuit will tolerate. I wired them directly to the battery on their own circuit with an in line fuse. I am no expert but I think that running the lights for extended periods will slowly drain the battery. I won't be using the tractor to cut grass at night or anything, just down to the wood pile in the winter and stuff like that. The model number on the lights are QH-85CD if that helps. By the way, these lights will make your 140 sort of "bug-eyed" compared to the stock "squinty-eye" lights. On another forum some guys nick named my tractor Wall-E after the little robot. I kinda like that little robot so now I call this tractorWall-E. Adam

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1806.JPG
  • IMG_1808.JPG
  • IMG_1807.JPG

#7 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted September 13, 2011 - 09:42 PM

Man, You should be able to see in the dark with those. I would watch running them for long periods of time, you might find the bezel melted down on the grill.. Good looking tractor.

#8 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted September 14, 2011 - 05:07 AM

You should have lots of light now for sure. I'm not sure what the alternator rating is on a 140 but on my 314 it is 15amps. If that's the case, and you have a good battery, you will probably be OK as long as you aren't running anything else other than the engine.

#9 AV430 OFFLINE  

AV430

• Member No: 2370
  • 53 Thanks
  • 130 posts

Posted September 14, 2011 - 11:05 PM

I have run the lights for 20 minutes and the headlight bezel looks great, no heat issues at all. The bulbs themselves are plastic, although I am sure a different type. Adam