• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted August 20, 2011 - 06:55 PM

This morning about 2:30 the dog wanted out to go to the bathroom. So I let her out and sat on the couch waiting for her scratch on the door. After about sever or eight minutes I smelled a skunk which isn't unusual. Then she scratched on the door and when I let her in she ran to the rug and started to wipe her face on the rug. Then I smelled it!!!!! She ran to the other rug and started to wipe her face there. I took her to the kitchen and washed her face but that didn't help. Linda got up and we gave her a bath in our shower. That didn't do a lot of good so this morning we gave her a bath with baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and dish washing liquid. Still waiting for her to dry to see how that worked. Got one of the cats too, his name is Stinker so now he lives up to his name. Not going to give him a bath, that would be wild. Sprinkled rug stuff on and let it sit then vacuumed the rugs. Haven't sniffed them yet.

Ronnie, I mix I posted seem's to be working. I can still smell skunk on him, but it's very faint. As for the house, we used the same mix on the carpets and the back on the couch he grazed as he made the lap through the house. I think he will be sleeping inside tonight, he's ready too.. My hands finally quit smelling after using the mix on the dog. Good Luck !!

#17 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted August 20, 2011 - 06:58 PM

How's things smell this morning Brian? Sure hope it's gone soon. That is one smell that makes me nauseous!

Daniel, It's getting better, my friend. I, like you can't hardly take that smell, and we have a big skunk problem here in TX. You can't drive anywhere for more then 20 miles and not smell, or see one dead on the road.