• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,476 Thanks
  • 2,811 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 09:54 PM

the 2nd one is a Uni tractor, made in the late 40's, takes an N briggs that sits inside the wheel. I owned it until that day of the show and then it went to live in AZ with the rest of the one wheelers.

The other one i dont remember well, but i think it was built by wilbert and called a farmer something or other. I might be wrong it was yrs ago when i last saw it. Kind of a neat little piece of iron.

#93 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,823 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 10:11 PM

i see it now, same as the green Uni Tractor in the first pic., is that a Kinkade or Suburbanite i see in the first pic., and is the yellow one in the 2nd pic. a lator model Little Farmer ?

#94 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,823 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted September 26, 2011 - 10:12 PM

my bad the last pic., is it a Little Farmer ?

#95 IWLBCNU OFFLINE  

IWLBCNU

• Member No: 5214
  • 123 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted September 27, 2011 - 04:50 AM

The third pic is a Bolens Handi Ho deluxe, I have 2 of those and then a standard one my grandfather bought new.
  • trowel said thank you

#96 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 14,631 Thanks
  • 17,964 posts

Posted September 27, 2011 - 05:22 AM

The third pic is a Bolens Handi Ho deluxe, I have 2 of those and then a standard one my grandfather bought new.

:ditto:
  • trowel said thank you

#97 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 6,683 Thanks
  • 4,851 posts

Posted September 27, 2011 - 09:11 AM

i see it now, same as the green Uni Tractor in the first pic., is that a Kinkade or Suburbanite i see in the first pic., and is the yellow one in the 2nd pic. a lator model Little Farmer ?

In the 1st pic there is the Unitractor, then a Kinkade Suburbanite and last is a Kinkade model L. All the Little Farmers I have seen were one wheel. Not sure what the last pic is.
  • trowel said thank you

#98 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,823 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted September 27, 2011 - 04:55 PM

DougT, it's the other way around, Kinkade model L, Kinkade Suburbanite, then the green Unitractor, i was still typing in short hand somwhat when i asked if that was a suburbanite, this is a lesson to me to type more thoroughly when asking questions, im used to people understanding my way of typing, and what tractors i know:wallbanging:, the Bolens Handi Ho i know of but don't know anything about, Bolens 1000, can you school me on it, i did not know very many people who know bolens untill i joined this forum, that is if you don't mind me asking, :worshippy1:

#99 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,823 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted September 27, 2011 - 05:02 PM

To put a twist on things how about this tractor ?
to give a hint or two is that it is not made in the US and is new, not vintage,

Attached Thumbnails

• China_plough_refacer_machine2010991540446.jpg
  • China_plough_refacer_machine2010991540447.jpg

#100 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,631 Thanks
  • 17,964 posts

Posted September 27, 2011 - 05:27 PM

DougT, it's the other way around, Kinkade model L, Kinkade Suburbanite, then the green Unitractor, i was still typing in short hand somwhat when i asked if that was a suburbanite, this is a lesson to me to type more thoroughly when asking questions, im used to people understanding my way of typing, and what tractors i know:wallbanging:, the Bolens Handi Ho i know of but don't know anything about, Bolens 1000, can you school me on it, i did not know very many people who know bolens untill i joined this forum, that is if you don't mind me asking, :worshippy1:

There Were 2 Models Of the Handi Ho (10C) 1.6HP Briggs and (10CB) 2.6HP briggs

The 10c was the smaller version and was made 1951-1965
The 10cb was the larger and more fancy model made from 1953-1956 (which is the one in the picture)

GTT member Bruce Dorsi knows much more about these than I do so if you have any further questions on them i'm sure he will know the answer.
  • Lauber1 and trowel have said thanks

#101 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,823 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted September 27, 2011 - 06:16 PM

Thanks, were there any affiliations with the Versa Matics or others such as engines and parts interchangeability, gearbox ?, wheel?, handle bars ?, hood ?,
i will send him a PM if he does not mind me asking,

#102 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,631 Thanks
  • 17,964 posts

Posted September 27, 2011 - 06:49 PM

Thanks, were there any affiliations with the Versa Matics or others such as engines and parts interchangeability, gearbox ?, wheel?, handle bars ?, hood ?,
i will send him a PM if he does not mind me asking,

That, I'm not too sure of

#103 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,823 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted September 27, 2011 - 07:01 PM

parts interchangeability was very common when a tractor MFG made another line using the same componets from an existing line Ex : David Bradley 144 walk behind gearbox, speed changer, and sigle disk clutch along with other componets was used again to make the Suburban, i was wondering if bolens did the same with the 10c and 10cb, im also wondering if the implements were made only for that tractor or is modified existing implements,
sorry for rambling, when i see something i like, i need to know before it drives me nuts

#104 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,631 Thanks
  • 17,964 posts

Posted September 27, 2011 - 07:13 PM

parts interchangeability was very common when a tractor MFG made another line using the same componets from an existing line Ex : David Bradley 144 walk behind gearbox, speed changer, and sigle disk clutch along with other componets was used again to make the Suburban, i was wondering if bolens did the same with the 10c and 10cb, im also wondering if the implements were made only for that tractor or is modified existing implements,
sorry for rambling, when i see something i like, i need to know before it drives me nuts

Bolens usually did have many parts that would interchange from model to model, but I'm not too sure on interchangeability of the walk behind tractors. I'm going to say that attachments for the 10c and 10cb were interchangeable but thats just an educated guess

#105 Bruce Dorsi OFFLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,872 Thanks
  • 2,432 posts

Posted September 28, 2011 - 09:06 AM

As Brian (Bolens 1000) already mentioned, the Handi-Ho 10C was made 1951-1956. ....It had a 1.6hp B&S engine model 6S type # 701045. .....The engine was not covered, and the B&S gas tank was mounted on the engine below the carb.

The Handi-Ho 10CB was made 1953-1956. ....It had a 2.5 hp B&S engine model 81302 type # 493573. .....The engine was covered. ..... The gas tank (by Bolens), hood, and grille (but NOT the engine) were the same as used on the Bolens model 12BB Power-Ho tractors.

Both models of Handi-Ho's were the same size and used the same parts, except for the distinctions named above. .....The implements for the Handi-Ho's could be used on either model.

As far as I can tell, other than some fasteners, the only other parts common between the Power-Ho's and Handi-Ho's were the handle GRIPS! ......Attachments for the 1-wheel & 2-wheel tractors were NOT interchangeable.

The Handi-Ho attachments available included a Weeder, Cultivator, Rotary Tiller, Sno-Caster, Reel Lawn Mower, Sickle Bar, Snow Plow, and Tire Chain.

I have previously posted the manual for the 10C & 10CB in the Bolens section of the Manuals Forum. .....I recently found manuals for the attachments listed above, and will post them when I have time.

There was also a Bolens model 10A tractor made in 1949 & 1950. .....I have no information on this model, but I suspect it may have also been a 1-wheel tractor.

Edited by Bruce Dorsi, September 28, 2011 - 09:18 AM.

• NUTNDUN, Bolens 1000 and Lauber1 have said thanks