• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

#46 PKS OFFLINE  

PKS

• Member No: 4962
  • 1 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted August 30, 2011 - 11:13 AM

Thanks guys. Lauber1; you have a wonderful collection. Trowel; sounds like you do as well. Would love to see a picture of your Planet Jr. I really like the 2 wheelers. A good family project to restore some of these machines. I do not need need to do much with my Springfield. I plan to sell or trade my Tiger Tractor for another 2 Wheeler at some point.

#47 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted August 30, 2011 - 05:19 PM

Why not just keep the tiger and still get another tractor. You can alway store them on shelves in the shop like i do. think vertical and you never run out of space.

#48 PKS OFFLINE  

PKS

• 1 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted August 31, 2011 - 02:53 PM

Lauber1; There are several reasons. Most importantly, I need to keep the peace at home where my enthusiasm is not shared. Dollars as these machines do not come cheap any more. Lastly, space space and more space is needed! I do not have the money or the time to really venture into this "hobby" just yet. I will, however, work on acquiring a second 2 wheeler or possibly acquiring a 1 wheeler Choremaster.

#49 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted August 31, 2011 - 04:54 PM

:D all it takes is one, im not rich too (i wish),
we are not in a hurry, take you time and figure things out, try out a few tractors, think on it for a while, all the tractors you have stated in above sentance are all great tractors and parts can be found, just joining GT Talk is a step in the right direction and i look farwards to your tractor and talking with you
P.S. i might be a garden tractor nut, but don't tell anyone i said that :smilewink: GT Talk might find out :say_what:

#50 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,353 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted August 31, 2011 - 06:08 PM

:
P.S. i might be a garden tractor nut, but don't tell anyone i said that :smilewink: GT Talk might find out :say_what:

Ok, folks. You heard it here first! trowel is a GT nut! Pass this along.

#51 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted August 31, 2011 - 08:12 PM

uh oh, now they know,
ok,......i admit it, im a junkie,.....old iron addict, im addicted to engines and tractors and theres no cure,......thank god :smile1:

#52 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted September 01, 2011 - 05:25 PM

Ok, let's keep the 2 wheelers moving,
Super 3, 1956 104 with wheel weights and cordwood saw attachment, has original 3hp AU85 Continental engine with recoil start,
new from the factory it came with two piece speed changer, reverse pully, ball lock clutch, two piece handle bars, bigger 3 hp engine as standard equitment, it was made for the upscale buyer who wanted more features and horsepower, was painted bronze with yellow or cream rims, show here with M1 wheel weights and cordwood saw, it has the 20 inch blade and everything is ready to work if needed be,
the Super 3 came out of Westhamption Ma., no history with the tractor exept it gave many years of good service, this tractor was to be cleaned and painted this summer but got ignored, going to the show in it's work clothing,

Attached Thumbnails

• SANY0493.jpg

• brokenfeather said thank you

#53 scrapiron OFFLINE  

scrapiron

Tractorholic

• Member No: 5985
  • 1 Thanks
  • 104 posts

Posted September 02, 2011 - 10:22 AM

I have a old Bearcat that i got from my dad years ago .that thing would pull a mountain..he made a two wheel wagon to hook up to it and sit on a five gallon bucket and "drove it around". I have a picture around i will try to find it and post it. It has my dad and my oldest brother on it. It was geared realy low could pull anything. i will post pictures soon.......

#54 PKS OFFLINE  

PKS

• 1 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted September 02, 2011 - 10:42 AM

I found a Choremaster that needs to be restored. After much negotiation, I will not be able to have any kind of "collection" for now. Too many other priorities with a young family. However, this Choremaster will be a fun restoration project for my kids and I. We can all learn together. I will post pictures when I pick it up in a couple of weeks. In the mean time I have the Springfield and the Tiger I have to sell as part of the "deal". If anyone in the MA or NH area is interested, let me know. I will also navigate this site to see if there is an appropriate place to list.

#55 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted September 02, 2011 - 04:52 PM

Well lucky for you have now have some manuals and sales flyers in the manuals section. I have some more stuff to upload on them, but whats there now will help you take it apart and put it back together.

#56 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted September 02, 2011 - 10:26 PM

013.jpg Tonites tractor is the 561 DB. This tractor was a project a few yrs back ,where i was challaged to built a completely PC tractor. Every nut and bolt on the tractor is orginally from a DB tractor. Other than the paint job it is just like it would have been, on the sales floor of the Sears Farm store where you could have gone to buy one. Since i had a high series number tractor we got to use the AU8 continetal motor, instead of having to find an AU7 like the early model came out with. i think it turned out real nice, and i then built a repo of the Gen3 hauling cart to put behind it. It took about a yr to get all the right parts, like the special fuel tank, the plastic air cleaner and the last part was a choke cable that built using thottle cable inner/other parts with a flat little knob on the end. There are no repo parts on this tractor, nor anything that wouldnt have came from DB.

Attached Thumbnails

• 561 tractor.jpg

#57 steve b OFFLINE  

steve b

• Member No: 1581
  • 109 Thanks
  • 193 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 08:56 PM

WoW that's an awesome restoration!
Nice work.

#58 PKS OFFLINE  

PKS

• 1 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 11:32 PM

Lauber1 -- Excellent work! Keep those machines coming. I have really enjoyed your machines and a some of their history. If I can get my kids involved, I will have a much greater chance of keeping the few I have. Family Fun:smile1:

#59 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted September 04, 2011 - 03:35 PM

scan0025.jpg well here some tractors that i either dont have any more or i restored later on. The first one is my 33 handiman, look at the bad bent handels on it!! the second one is a 1928 Red-E. I didnt restore it, but it went to southern IL and that guy did!! The third is my 48 Standard twin/convertiable that i got about half done. I loved that tractor and took it to parades alot, but it and all the other twins went to KS last fall, so could get a trailer full of DB's and some cash. The then went to buy some 1920's braiding machines that i ran though the shop last winter and now take to shows. Last picture in of a home made 4 wheeled something i got one time and it was rusted solid. I saved a few small parts off it and scrapped the rest. Sometimes you cant do anything with them. Next to it is a 49 twin that became a parts tractor for other twins that used to live here.

Attached Thumbnails

• scan0022.jpg
  • scan0026.jpg
  • scan0027.jpg

#60 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,669 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted September 05, 2011 - 03:02 PM

This is a pic of a Red-E I saw at a show last yearErie county 2010 024.jpg
Do you know when they started making these?