• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

#286 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 10:54 AM

You do relise that if you found a blade for a 12aa, ab, etc it would fit right on your tractor? These old Wirards were all built in a Bolens factory, painted and equiped per Western Auto's design. There are some little differances, but most of the attachment from a similar Bolens will fit.

Yes they are basically the same machine, kind of a mix between a standard and deluxe model, I opted for the homemade plow a few years back, I looked for a plow at the time but could not find one in resaonable driving distance. Ive used the plow before and it does well enough for its application of plowing dog paths on the lawn when the Gravely is out of service.

#287 gsmith1951 OFFLINE  

gsmith1951
  • Member No: 21401
  • 7 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 02:42 PM

S4023927.JPG S4023931.JPG S4023932.JPG S4023934.JPG hi out there in garden tractor land I have just stared colleting handle bars in the past 2 years I have about 15 they. here are some that I've restored.

• Gtractor, Alc, Texas Deere and Horse and 3 others have said thanks

#288 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 03:44 PM

gsmith, In the first photo, is that a Bolens VersaMatic? the hood looks to be.

Nice collection you have there. :thumbs:

• gsmith1951 said thank you

#289 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,716 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 04:58 PM

attachicon.gif I have just stared collecting handle bars in the past 2 years .

I'm glad to see your keeping them with the tractors!  bigrofl.gif

#290 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 07:23 PM

gsmith, In the first photo, is that a Bolens VersaMatic? the hood looks to be.

Its a Power Ho.....

Here's what she originally Looked like

bolens51gardentract.jpg

• Texas Deere and Horse and boyscout862 have said thanks

#291 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 10:59 PM

Thanks Doc., I thought it looked "BOLENS" :D

#292 gsmith1951 OFFLINE  

gsmith1951
  • Member No: 21401
  • 7 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 08:09 PM

thanks texas yes it is a bolens & chore master a Waterbury & garden aid

#293 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 07:45 AM

imagesCAHDO4YI.jpg

• Craig. and Nato77 have said thanks

#294 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,635 Thanks
  • 1,325 posts

Posted February 12, 2013 - 01:35 AM

attachicon.gifimagesCAHDO4YI.jpg

Nice!!  :thumbs:

#295 Craig. OFFLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 05:18 PM

I enjoyed these post on the two wheelers.Thanks. I have a two wheeler just down the road from me painted up and out on the lawn. every time I pass by I'm wishing it was mine. May be one day I'll stop in and make them an offer.

#296 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,716 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 06:42 AM

I enjoyed these post on the two wheelers.Thanks. I have a two wheeler just down the road from me painted up and out on the lawn. every time I pass by I'm wishing it was mine. May be one day I'll stop in and make them an offer.

Snap a few pics and post them on here so we can all see it.

• Craig. said thank you

#297 Merl OFFLINE  

Merl

• Member No: 677
  • 1 Thanks
  • 25 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 11:36 PM

attachicon.gif16209.attachThis is a Page(Page dairy and farm equipment,before it was added to Red-E line) that i found in a truck selling mag. It lived in WI before coming here. Drove up one Sunday with my brother and son to get it. The engine is a enh wisconson that is direct coupled to the front of the tranny, which uses a left and right hand clutch to engage the wheels. This tractor is a 46 and must have been an early one as the castings in the final drives as full of air pockets and defects. For some reason the finals are cast alum and tranny cast iron. It has the spoked wheel that seem to only be found on the first yr model. I got a tool bar and some duck feet as attachments. After restoring it, i've never started the tractor or used it.

I'm getting in rather late on this one but, I have a Page (Dairy and Farm Equipment ) walking tractor as well. 

My tractor has a Wisconsin AB engine that is set up the same as yours with the left and right clutches, the same "tool bar" attachment bar at the rear and a flat belt accesory pully on the PTO shaft between the engine and clutch assembly.

My depth wheels are set up the same as yours but are made with an aluminum spoked hub and hard rubber tires instead of the rolled steel wheels you have. 

The only tillage tools my tractor came with are four tool shanks each with a much used two inch wide digger tooth mounted to the end.

I have since replaced the teeth but find the tractor really doesn't have the ground speed needed to make this type of tool work the way it was designed to.

I have never seen the origonal tillage tools for this tractor but I do know the teeth that were on it when I got it came from the local Fleet Farm and were intended for a much bigger unit with many of these narrow shanks moving at (relitivly) high speed across the ground. 

This year I got serious with it and replaced the narrow teeth with some 8 inch wide sweeps that have a very low approch angle to  the ground.

These tools enter the ground almost flat and have a minimal amount of surface area to stick to the soil.

They work GREAT !!

The tractor moves at a moderate walking pace and really comes into its own on a long straight row of something in need of cultivating.

When the plants are small I can remove the center tool and mount a right and left sided sweep with some plant sheilds and go right over the top of the row.

With the positive two wheel drive the tractor runs as straight and true as you would want and still gives quick power turns by disengaging one final drive clutch or the other.

The draw bar pivots from a little forward the center of the final drives about 15 deg either way (or can be locked riged to the frame with a pull pin) and allows for easy following of the rows.

I have never seen any other attachments for this tractor but, I pull a single gang Brinly-Hardy disk with mine and a home made ridged mounted spring tooth rake similer to a lawn thatching rake but, used to level the garden.

I mention in another thread that I just picked up a Sears 7" mold board plow that is supposed to be three point mounted but, I'm going to fit it to my Page with a tool bar adapter and a pivoting depth wheel that will also lower and raise the plow.

One thing I have to say about my Page tractor is that it is very well made.

I suspect that the unit you have was made later rather than earlier.

While we bothe have a Wisconsin engine, mine appears to be an older model than yours and my final drive levers are made from cast steel rather than the pieces of bent flat stock on yours (I have seen that on one other Page tractor that I have since lost track of) my final drives are also made from cast iron and are of very high quality and I don't understand why they would make them from aluminum. If anything, I would like to see the tractor get a bit heavier and I plan to add some wheel whieghts to mine for next year. 

I shure wish there was more information about this excelant tractor but, I have only ever seen a couple of pictures on the web and some manufacturing info on Mytractorforum.

• Alc said thank you

#298 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted July 02, 2013 - 12:31 AM

yes Merl, you got in here late, but its good you came by.

#299 TIGERPAW OFFLINE  

TIGERPAW
  • Member No: 40675
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted July 16, 2013 - 11:47 PM

I'm new to this site so I haven't figured out how to find things very well yet.  However, I saw a post from here on a google search dated may 2013 about someone looking for a "Plow Hoss" walk behind.  Now I can't find the post and was trying to see if they or someone else had any interest in one.  I have one in good condition that I ran not too long ago.  It has a 5hp B&S engine. It originally belonged to my step father though I've had it for a number of years. I couldn't find a manufacturer date at the moment but I pretty sure he had it before 1984., so it's probably at least 30 yrs old.  The Brand labeling is still real clear on the drive belt cover & the original Red & white paint is still on it.  I've kept in in my Garage when I wasn't using it.  It just gotten a little difficult for me to use.  I don't have an actual picture of my unit as I post but I do have a factory shot of a new one.  I can get a pic of mine later & post it.  I'll truy to post one of the original if I figure out how.  Hope someone can reply.

Plow-Hoss_06.jpg Attached File  Plow Hoss.pdf   641.55KB   107 downloads

#300 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted July 17, 2013 - 12:52 AM

Welcome to the site Tigerpaw. Yes I'm sure someone will be interested in your tractor, but we would prefer that if you wanted to sell it, you use the classified section.