• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#226 lsterkis OFFLINE  

lsterkis
  • Member No: 8742
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 02:38 PM

I just got this david bradly from my mother. I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I havent been able to find any thing like it. I would be greatful for any help. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• PICT0108.JPG
  • PICT0109.JPG

#227 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 6,571 Thanks
  • 4,743 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 05:55 PM

I just got this david bradly from my mother. I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I havent been able to find any thing like it. I would be greatful for any help. Thanks

That is a horse drawn corn planter. Sears sold all kinds of farm equipment under the David Bradley name.
  • lsterkis said thank you

#228 lsterkis OFFLINE  

lsterkis
  • Member No: 8742
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 07:19 PM

Thanks DougT for the info. If anybody else might know how much something like that would be worth i would be greatful for the info. Also any ideas about how old it might be. Thanks

#229 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 6,571 Thanks
  • 4,743 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 11:03 PM

I'm not that big inbto the bradley line. Lauber would be a better one to chime in here. Have you found any kind of a tag with a number on it? My guess on value would be between scrap price and 200.00. you've got one good lid and those are probably the most collectable. Its sad to say but I've seen some lids bring more without the rest of the scrap metal attached to it. Depends what area of the country your in. It may be worth more to the amish that still use this type of equipment.

#230 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,475 Thanks
  • 2,811 posts

Posted February 21, 2012 - 01:41 AM

Well i know alot about the db line, but its mostly limited to the history and the garden items. The lids off those planter go for $30 to $100 depending on the area your in. The planter its self looks to be mostly complete and i might take the time to restore it to its former glory. What you really need to do is go to smoke-stack, or yesterdays tractors and see what the larger scale guys have to say.

Note:: i wouldnt normally send someone to another group, but i dont think we can do him full justice here in a GT group.

#231 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 8,339 Thanks
  • 4,579 posts

Posted February 24, 2012 - 04:28 PM

This is a George [brand] with cog drive and a Clinton engine. Tiller is 15 inches wide and mower deck is 20 inches.

Attached Thumbnails

• George.JPG

Edited by Gtractor, February 24, 2012 - 04:31 PM.

• DougT, Alc and trowel have said thanks

#232 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,822 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 24, 2012 - 04:47 PM

Thanks for that, it's not often you see the mower deck for thoses, looks barn freash, is it a 1962 ?
  • Gtractor said thank you

#233 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,339 Thanks
  • 4,579 posts

Posted February 24, 2012 - 11:53 PM

I have no idea what year or model. This is the only one I've ever seen and have no info on it. It said George on it somewhere when I got it. It has been sitting in the back of one of my barns for several years so I guess it is barn fresh. LOL There is lots of dust on it but I didn't hose it off for the picture because it was so cold today.

Edited by Gtractor, February 24, 2012 - 11:54 PM.

• trowel said thank you

#234 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 6,318 Thanks
  • 7,157 posts

Posted February 25, 2012 - 07:20 AM

Again a tractor that is so intrusting !!!! Thanks , What a different way to drive a tractor !!!! Al

#235 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,822 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 25, 2012 - 07:18 PM

This might help,
http://www.google.co...8MsiMhXPvmBfrug

http://www.google.co...15bpaZyNgDJpEwA

http://www.google.co...LupB_1JkokD-jQQ

http://www.google.co...C1doNYbyVX2yXRg
  • Gtractor and Alc have said thanks

#236 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,475 Thanks
  • 2,811 posts

Posted February 27, 2012 - 02:04 PM

Well its sad to see today that this planter is on Craigslist for $165. I quess that i for one am disappointed to be used only as a way to get a selling price, and not by a collector wanting to know more about restoring and preserving an item.

#237 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,353 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 28, 2012 - 05:55 AM

Kris,that is a cool looking machine.I don't think I have ever seen on of those.

#238 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,822 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 28, 2012 - 10:23 AM

Well its sad to see today that this planter is on Craigslist for $165. I quess that i for one am disappointed to be used only as a way to get a selling price, and not by a collector wanting to know more about restoring and preserving an item.

Jeff, it hurts like hell to see that, it really does, as soon as someone asks for the value price of a antique or vintage, i walk away with no intentions of every returning, or to save it from their hands, stuff like that planter infuriates me and i wish i had the means to buy it so it will be covered up and restored back to its originality, not passed around like a bad cold.
Im very sorry about that Jeff, it is just another Moneyed man.

Edited by trowel, February 28, 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#239 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,339 Thanks
  • 4,579 posts

Posted February 28, 2012 - 12:19 PM

Thats the main reason I didn't respond to the post. I also got a PM from that person wanting to know a value. I will look through my litterature, brochures, books, and online for hours to help a fellow collector that is seeking information. I've also been known to donate and ship a part to someone that needs it when I have an extra but lately there seems to be an abundance of "whats it worth" inquiries from non-collectors. I just have no time for that.
  • trowel said thank you

#240 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 14,222 Thanks
  • 17,847 posts

Posted February 28, 2012 - 08:20 PM

Jeff, it hurts like hell to see that, it really does, as soon as someone asks for the value price of a antique or vintage, i walk away with no intentions of every returning, or to save it from their hands, stuff like that planter infuriates me and i wish i had the means to buy it so it will be covered up and restored back to its originality, not passed around like a bad cold.
Im very sorry about that Jeff, it is just another Moneyed man.

Thats the main reason I didn't respond to the post. I also got a PM from that person wanting to know a value. I will look through my litterature, brochures, books, and online for hours to help a fellow collector that is seeking information. I've also been known to donate and ship a part to someone that needs it when I have an extra but lately there seems to be an abundance of "whats it worth" inquiries from non-collectors. I just have no time for that.

I agree with you guys on this as well.
I tend to stay away from the "whats it worth posts" and only offer a price if I know the person or they have been a good standing member for a while. As in most cases the person is only looking to see how much $$ they can make