363 replies to this topic

#211 howard H OFFLINE  

howard H

• Member No: 8472
  • 115 Thanks
  • 108 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 06:26 PM

Welcome to the site dan,,,,,,,,
Lets start with a picture and go from there!! ok how or what, I did upload several pictures of my Edco in the gallery under howard h. Still trying to figure this site out but I am getting there...lol

#212 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 06:29 PM

Are you asking how to post pictures onto this thread ?

#213 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 06:34 PM

Ah, sorry about that Howard H , i breezed right by, Welcome to GT Talk, i see this is your first post, hang out for a while, let everyone introduce themselfs.

#214 howard H OFFLINE  

howard H

• 115 Thanks
  • 108 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 06:41 PM

Hello all tractor friends, got a question. I am new here... How do you post pictures to your reply or post pictures. I posted my barn find Edco with attachments in the gallery but how do you post pics here? If you want to see it, choose letter h... look for howard h.. My edco was destined to the scrap heap but I was given it for free from an old farmer. It had not been used over 15 years. I am restoring it right now. planning on using it for my big garden. I used a massey with tiller to till but this will work for the rest of the garden work.... thanks

Edited by howard H, January 31, 2012 - 06:43 PM.
type "o"

#215 howard H OFFLINE  

howard H

• 115 Thanks
  • 108 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 06:44 PM

yes, I see pictures posed with this thread...thanks

#216 howard H OFFLINE  

howard H

• 115 Thanks
  • 108 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 06:45 PM

lol...thanks, this thread moves right along before you notice replies...

#217 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 07:25 PM

Lol, it's a little different then some of the other fourms in how the threads moves around, going up to the top of the fourms page and clicking on ''what's new'' every once in a while keeps you updated will all the posting in all the threads, to post a picture click on reply as you have been doing, outside the right lower corner of the reply box you will see "post quick reply" and "go advanced", click on the go advanced and another page will open with more options, after typing a reply scroll down to ''Manage Attachments:'' and click on that, a small page on the right of your computer screen will open with options, on the upper right of the page you will see ''add files'' click on that and a tiny page will open on the bottem of the tiny page you will see ''select files'' giving you direct access to your files on your computer, if your camera is hooked up to the computer click on ''computer'' if in pictures click on ''pictures'', after clicking on a picture the name will appear in the tiny box, if you want more then one picture click on ''select file'' again and again untill the tiny box is full the click on ''upload pictures'' and the pictures will appear in the small page for you to review, close the small page and you will see the picture/file name in a grey box which means the picture/file has uploaded, scroll down a little untill you see ''submit reply'', click on that and your pictures with your reply will appear in a few min.
When doing this for the first time it's good to keep this instructions i have typed open and open another GT Talk page on your computer and then you can go back and forth between this page and the other page untill you are good to go, after a few times you will get it, if you have any trouble at all post the question and we will help guild you throught it.
  • howard H said thank you

#218 howard H OFFLINE  

howard H

• 115 Thanks
  • 108 posts

Posted January 31, 2012 - 07:38 PM

ok, thanks... I am a computer geek & should be able to get it...ya right...lol no problem... thanks... ok, guess it worked so, this is my free barn find. been restoring it... disc & turning plow as for now... oh, thanks for the info... The tractor works but it will take a couple of weeks to get it done. I need to machine a couple parts as they are worn out. I added a couple more pictures of the manual cover showing the original colors as well as a add flier. Took a while to find anything on this old beast so I figure that either they were not that popular or were sold in a limited amount. Just nothing on line about it...Rare? going to be hell to get any parts, Glad I have the shop & ability to machine parts if needed. It looks like the wheels can be slid on the axle to adjust width. I can see that from the flier/manual. Mine is rusted but I will check that out when I get to the hubs.

Attached Thumbnails

• GEDC0727.jpg
  • GEDC0702.jpg
  • GEDC0664.jpg
  • GEDC0699.jpg
  • GEDC0711.jpg
  • GEDC0735.jpg
  • GEDC0700.jpg
  • GEDC0704.jpg
  • GEDC0706.jpg
  • edko tractor.jpg
  • edko2.jpg

Edited by howard H, February 01, 2012 - 05:36 PM.
added pictures

#219 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:40 AM

Very nice looking set up there, you have just about everything needed to put in and maintain a garden, i see one of the single bottem plow and harrow has been painted and looks good.

#220 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6294
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted February 04, 2012 - 08:32 PM

Good looking machine and attachments. Neat find. I sure you will enjoy it.

#221 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,625 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted February 05, 2012 - 03:01 PM

I finally had time and decent weather to dig this thing out. Once again my brain has failed me. The name on the side is clearly Tractorette not Farm-ette.
:wallbanging:
The tapemeasure is out twenty four inches for a size reference and the drive wheel is twelve and 3/4 inches wide. It has to be setup for a gear reduction unit because the drive has very little reduction in it.

Tractorette.jpg

[reply to post 209]

Edited by Gtractor, February 06, 2012 - 03:18 PM.

• DB1 said thank you

#222 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

brokenfeather

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6294
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted February 05, 2012 - 08:23 PM

Now that is about cute!!!!

#223 howard H OFFLINE  

howard H

• 115 Thanks
  • 108 posts

Posted February 06, 2012 - 02:29 PM

Very nice looking set up there, you have just about everything needed to put in and maintain a garden, i see one of the single bottem plow and harrow has been painted and looks good.

Thanks, had to take a break from it but am now working on the harrow. I got it painted but still have to recondition the blades & hardware. I need to manufacture one clamp & a blade bar for it so it will have the 6 blades since one was missing... Easy to build those parts from scratch. I am also going to manufacture my own disc hiller attachments for the harrow main arm. Should be very easy to make them & use 2 discs from the disc attachment to make them work till I can get 2 round discs. They can be adjusted for width as well as angle using the same clamps & bars like the harrow. I got the bushing for the drive axle milled out & I should be ready to get the walking tractor restore started soon.

#224 howard H OFFLINE  

howard H

• 115 Thanks
  • 108 posts

Posted February 06, 2012 - 02:34 PM

Good looking machine and attachments. Neat find. I sure you will enjoy it.

Thanks.... it definitely was worthy of saving from being scrap metal. Just can't see someone tossing it for scrap & free was a very good deal... Been a chore to get it rust free, painted & in perfect working order but to me, it is well worth the project.

#225 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 06, 2012 - 04:11 PM

Good save, ''if it's for free, it's for me'', please continue to post pictures of your progresses and painting, very soon it will be a proud little workhorse and appreciated again, can't beat those old tractors and what it was made to do,