• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 12:37 AM

alrighty now, that weight looks more like mine, and the color is the same. I know mine came from DB as a sale item, but maybe not as a built item. At one time they had the famous bundle numbers on the back of them, but have faded out now.

I will get pictures of mine. We got just got a new camera tuesday and the card to run it today. it will take a few day to figure out all the bell and whistles.

#152 IWLBCNU OFFLINE  

IWLBCNU

• Member No: 5214
  • 120 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 06:40 AM

I have a set of the flat Simplicity weights. Guess I need to get pics of my two wheeler stuff

#153 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 07:26 AM

well its about time you did that.

#154 GWest OFFLINE  

GWest

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 130
  • 450 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 07:11 PM

Looks like the "5459 plow" stenciled on the weight is a plow.
In 1949 5459F was a 10" plow in the MW catalog.
In 1951-1955 5459R was an 8" plow in the MW catalog.

The plow purchase included one 50 pound wheel weight.

Garry
  • drbish and Lauber1 have said thanks

#155 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,629 Thanks
  • 3,920 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 07:16 PM

P1000601.jpg

Ok tell me you took some pics of the DB weights please

#156 drbish OFFLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,162 Thanks
  • 1,162 posts

Posted October 22, 2011 - 07:31 PM

looks like to me we need a new forum on weights?I will have to take my other side off and look for a f or r or just see if they are 10' or 8' where can i find the catalogs you are referencing to?

Edited by new restorer, October 22, 2011 - 07:46 PM.

#157 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 09:58 AM

I managed to get back to the David Bradley this weekend. She's in the back of the Lower Garage and hasn't seen sunlight in many years.
DB3.jpg

I also got my Wards out. She hasn't been run in 13 years. No spark was dirty points, all back together & she runs OK, but there was a spring missing from the throttle linkage & IDK yet where it goes. Big thing was to get it running, she deserves a lap around the lawn.

Also pictured are the Cultivator and Reel mower I have for it.
Wards Reel.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DB1.jpg
  • DB2.jpg
  • Wards1.jpg
  • Wards2.jpg
  • Wards3.jpg
  • wards cultivator.jpg

• IamSherwood and Lauber1 have said thanks

#158 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,629 Thanks
  • 3,920 posts

Posted October 24, 2011 - 09:10 PM

There is no way my weights will have any numbers stamped on them. I found these at an estate auction and the tractor was out by the road in a row of items to be sold. It was missing the engine and only had a sickle mower with it. I went out to the shed looking for the engine and other implements and tripped over one of the weights on/in the floor. The floor of that building was powder fine dirt/hay and the weights were mostly under ground. Had I not stumbled onto them [literally] I would not have found them. The tractor had brand new Carlisle 6X12 ag lugs on it and it is one of the models equipped with a transmission. I dug around in the floor and found the other weight so I unearthed them but left them where they were because I didn't want to carry them clear out where the tractor was. I had another commitment that day and was a long way from home - so far that I took the car instead of the pickup to save a lil gas. When the auctioneer finally got to the walk behind tractor I started it at $5 and won the bid. I then stopped the auctioneer and told him the wheel weights were out in the shed, I was a long ways from home and had to go but wanted to bid on the weights. I also told the crowd I'd be glad to wait long enough to show any other interested party the weights and that they would fit most any heavy garden tractor or mower with five bolt rear wheels. No one wanted to look so I started the bid at $5 for the weights and that was the only bid. I spent more on gas than the purchase price but that is the way it goes sometimes. I found a couple of strong fellows to help me and after assuring them I was serious they lifted the tractor up and put it on the trunk of my Toyota Camry and held it while I strapped it down. I paid the cashier the $10 and away I went. true story! :smile1:
  • MH81 and Lauber1 have said thanks

#159 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted October 24, 2011 - 09:14 PM

That's a fantastic story, thanks for sharing it!

#160 js5020 ONLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted October 25, 2011 - 02:22 AM

Excellent thread guys, I stumbled on this site during a google search for something and saw the walkbehind forum,,, and its fairly active by the looks of things, so I had to join. I have a pair of Gravelys and a Wizard (Bolens Power Ho). I like to use em and see what others are doing with their machines.

#161 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted October 25, 2011 - 02:32 AM

well welcome to the site. We on the 2 wheeled end are indeed fairly active, but that come mostly from being dragged around the yard by the tractors. After you look around at all the other cool stuff in here, come on back and post some pictures of your toys.

#162 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted October 25, 2011 - 02:33 AM

Excellent thread guys, I stumbled on this site during a google search for something and saw the walkbehind forum,,, and its fairly active by the looks of things, so I had to join. I have a pair of Gravelys and a Wizard (Bolens Power Ho). I like to use em and see what others are doing with their machines.

:welcome: to GTtalk.

The walk behind section is growing and is filled with both really neat machines and some really great guys. Post some pics when you can and thanks for joining.

#163 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,629 Thanks
  • 3,920 posts

Posted October 25, 2011 - 08:29 AM

Welcome js5020!! :wave:
Buying a Gravely is what started my sickness and it just keeps getting better and better!! :smile1:

#164 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,629 Thanks
  • 3,920 posts

Posted October 25, 2011 - 08:45 AM

Today I will post my '41 or '42 David Bradley Handiman jr. Its just a hood - I don't have the rest of the tractor [yet] . I found this at a flea market at the Waverly, NE. show a few years back and thought I ought to buy the hood so when I buy the right tractor that is missing the hood I will be set. It appears to have the original paint and decal so I think this hood was taken off the tractor and put in the rafters of a shed when it was nearly new.

hood.jpg

#165 js5020 ONLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted October 25, 2011 - 10:07 AM

Well I seem to have pics, lets give em a try and see how it works out,,, one of the Wizard and a PB link to more,,,Wizard Tractor pictures by js5020d - Photobucket

Posted Image
  • MH81 said thank you