• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 16, 2011 - 08:08 PM

a grand is almost out of my budget, and probably most other peoples budgets the way the economy is. seems the only food prices that arent going up is subway.

#17 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 16, 2011 - 08:20 PM

the guy dropped the price to 550, its an hour and a half haul and its in jersey, so forget it. i went to jersey once to get a tractor and it was only 15 miles of jersey. jersey is just, jersey

#18 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted August 16, 2011 - 10:44 PM

I dont get it. You will spend a couple hours taking the engine apart. Id rather spend that time getting a new engine. Assuming it has the right crank

#19 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 17, 2011 - 02:15 PM

i dont drive in jersey, jersey people change lanes for no reason, they weave, and theres cops everywhere in jersey that pull us hillbillys over. also i drove the bolens about 4 miles today, and it goes through these phases while running where it burns oil and blows smoke, then it doesnt for a while, then it burns oil again. it didnt matter if i was going up or down hill because half way up a giant hill it stopped smoking for a bit then started again. would that indicate a stuck ring? bad heads/gaskets. because i put different heads on the tractor from another k532 and i bought em off ebay, sould the heads be slightly warped causing it not to get the best seal?

#20 Billygoat OFFLINE  

Billygoat

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2454
  • 76 Thanks
  • 206 posts

Posted August 17, 2011 - 02:21 PM

Have you checked the crankcase breather?

#21 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 17, 2011 - 04:20 PM

o that thing blows oil out of it

#22 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 19, 2011 - 10:05 AM

Did you decarbon the pistons and the top of cylinder before you changed the head gaskets?

#23 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 19, 2011 - 08:59 PM

yeah my friend brought over a buffer tools just for that it had some wierd little pad on it. also i took the bottom pieces of engine tin off, the side that burns oil had carbon in between the fins on the block, probably because its the side with the dip stick tube and oil probably got in between the tin and the block and never got cleaned out so it got heated over the years and turned into carbon. so maybe after the auction tomorrow ill get 10 gallons of gas and just take it for a really long drive

#24 Insight3 OFFLINE  

Insight3

• Member No: 5642
  • 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted August 29, 2011 - 12:30 PM

I would take my time, read the manuals, make sure I have the proper tools ahead of time and dig in fixing it. But that is my nature in getting to know my machines.