• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Closha63 OFFLINE  

Closha63

• Member No: 3203
  • 4 Thanks
  • 47 posts

Posted August 14, 2011 - 07:35 PM

I have a leaking lift cylinder so I have to replace before im ready to use. I am going to be replacing the hydraulic lines on both cylinders so does anyone have the measurements of the four needed lines with fitting sizes? Also does anyone have a cylinder they are willing to part with? If so please let me know...

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,335 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted August 15, 2011 - 07:12 AM

There may be a manual in the Manuals section, but I doubt they have hose specs. Hopefully someone can help, but did you try your JD dealer? They may still have them available.

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 15, 2011 - 10:07 AM

The parts diagrams do not list the length of the lines. Unless you can find someone with the exact hitch you may have to estimate the length and get them made. Deere may still be able to supply them but the cost will likely be higher. If you check jdparts.com you can find out what fittings are needed to route the hoses properly. You may be able to find a used cylinder on ebay or at an online hydraulics shop. The problem is that the cylinders are very short for the stroke they have. It is difficult to find anything that will work unless it is custom made.

#4 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted August 15, 2011 - 10:22 AM

Take the line to your local hydraulic shop and they will be able fab them up for you.

#5 buck50bmg OFFLINE  

buck50bmg

• Member No: 5231
  • 1 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted August 15, 2011 - 02:40 PM

Just measured mine, they are all 18" +- .25" Hope it helps. Tractor Supply can make them. Take a cylinder with you to get the correct connection.

#6 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 15, 2011 - 02:48 PM

As suggested, Tractor Supply can make the lines or if you have a local hydraulic shop they can make the lines for you as well. It would definitely be worth it to take the cylinder to a hydraulic shop also to have it rebuilt. I don't know how much new ones or used ones go for so maybe compare those prices first.

#7 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted August 15, 2011 - 03:04 PM

Your cylinders are non rebuildable, but I have chucked them up in a lathe and cut off the solid end. Rebuilt the cylinder and welded them back together. You might want to look into that as an option.