• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,622 posts

Posted August 12, 2011 - 07:18 PM

I started this thread with the full-on intent to create a masterpiece of whining. From starting my day looking at a piece of toast with a couple errant cat hairs and dust bunnies attached after leaping to it's death from my hand, to the mechanic calling me today and telling me they pronounced my car at 9:32 AM... It's been a real winner.

On my way home tonight, feeling a little on the low side, I got to thinking about all the things that went wrong. Then I started thinking about all that went right.

In no particular order:
I woke up this morning
My family still loves me
I have food in the fridge
I can call my parents and chat
I have 3 beautiful children and a wife who tolerates my oddities
My house is still the banks, but I can live there
I retain my faith
I love my hobby
My garden is growing well
I have wonderful, caring friends
I belong to this forum.

So, to flip both this thread and my toast over... Give me a hand and list the things that went right for you today. I am going to get another loaf out of the freezer, can't stand the heel.
  • jpackard56 and Sawdust have said thanks

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted August 12, 2011 - 07:36 PM

Ok, so I'll list both sides. I milked the cows, but had ALL KINDS of fun getting a new heifer into the barn...NOT fun, BUT she didn't nail me with nary one kick, so that's a good thing
Then I bush-hogged some hillsides and my lift cylinder hose busted. Good thing is I got enough done & drug it back to park it.
Went to use my diesel Bush Hog JB with rear blade to smooth dirt on the silage pit.....going up the steep pile of dirt, I bent the tie-rod and wheels pointing outwards. Good thing is it would still drive good enough to make it to the shop.
A completely good thing is my silage pit is completely finished, dirt backfill & all.
Milked tonight & the new heifer walked right into the parlor, and didn't get kicked still!
Got to play with my Grandson before he went home....can't top that for a good thing!
As far as griping & whining, I could go on & on, but the good things top all that. My family loves & respects me, I have a job that supports us, friends, tractors, and GTT!

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,685 posts

Posted August 12, 2011 - 07:44 PM

I can go along with all you listed, except for #5 and #10(meant #9).
I got the carport.
I'm still on the green side of the grass.
I like the heel, especially toasted.
One day closer to being done on the remodel job.

Probably more, but brain says that's enough for now.

Edited by KennyP, August 12, 2011 - 08:01 PM.

#4 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted August 12, 2011 - 07:48 PM

But Kenny, #10 is wonderful & caring friends????????? I care! LOL....you got the wrong line. I figure you wanted #9.

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,685 posts

Posted August 12, 2011 - 08:01 PM

You're right, Daniel. I counted the line above the list.

#6 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 553 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted August 12, 2011 - 09:23 PM

Today has been great , The Banker still knows me, The Daughter and Granddaughter are here for the weekend, God let me live and Enjoy another one (even dug a few worms for a future fishing trip) We also got a small RAIN tonight, Wife cooked a Great Dinner, Then there GTtalk tonight. What more could you ask for.
  • MH81 said thank you

#7 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted August 12, 2011 - 11:38 PM

Yesterday was a real treat.
Found my new booster fan was wrong... good news is I didn't have to drag out every tool I own to devote to the project, they were already there!!
I found out how my electric Springfield's scooter throttle works...... but I can't put it back together LOL.... good news is I was about to start the upgrades anyway.

Today was better.
The half day job Dad and I had turned into an all day deal... but we did learn how to install two post lifts... which will be good when we go to install the one they took down at the dealership (Dad bought it).
I guess my family still likes me lol.
I still have friends phones... but the don't answer their phones often enough lol.
I'm here at GTTalk now... but I got nothing much to say lol.
I dunno.... I need help lol.

• Sawdust said thank you

#8 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted August 13, 2011 - 08:34 AM

I still have friends phones... but the don't answer their phones often enough lol.

Well, if you have your friend's phones, no wonder you don't hear from them often! Give their phones back! :bigrofl:
  • MH81 and Sawdust have said thanks

#9 Billygoat OFFLINE  

Billygoat

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2454
  • 76 Thanks
  • 206 posts

Posted August 14, 2011 - 06:23 AM

Any day that I wake up on the right side of the dirt and my family is there with me is a good day. Nit pic stuff that goes wrong after that is just an opportunity to overcome. After years of waking up to an upset stomach and heartburn then have it come back from worry are over. When something bad happens, I change what I can, and what I can't, I give it to the Lord. He's wiser and better equipped to deal with it than I am. No, I'm not saying I go through life "fat, dumb, and happy", I do have concerns, I just deal with them without staying constantly upset by them.
  • LilysDad, oldedeeres and Sawdust have said thanks

#10 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,685 posts

Posted August 14, 2011 - 07:05 AM

Good outlook, Billygoat. Keep the green side up!

#11 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted August 14, 2011 - 12:45 PM

I started this thread with the full-on intent to create a masterpiece of whining. From starting my day looking at a piece of toast with a couple errant cat hairs and dust bunnies attached after leaping to it's death from my hand, to the mechanic calling me today and telling me they pronounced my car at 9:32 AM... It's been a real winner.

On my way home tonight, feeling a little on the low side, I got to thinking about all the things that went wrong. Then I started thinking about all that went right.

In no particular order:
I woke up this morning
My family still loves me
I have food in the fridge
I can call my parents and chat
I have 3 beautiful children and a wife who tolerates my oddities
My house is still the banks, but I can live there
I retain my faith
I love my hobby
My garden is growing well
I have wonderful, caring friends
I belong to this forum.

So, to flip both this thread and my toast over... Give me a hand and list the things that went right for you today. I am going to get another loaf out of the freezer, can't stand the heel.

I believe maybe I should have been on this thread yesterday , Alan . But I was trying for some " BLUE " collar comedy . :D

#12 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted August 16, 2011 - 07:36 PM

I have many challenges each day. As has been said before, a challenge is an opportunity to overcome. Some days that seems easier said than done, and in the end worrying about things doesn't get you anywhere. Pray for the best...this is where some people say "Prepare for the worst", but I believe that if you're praying for the best, then you should have faith that the Good Lord will deliver it...it may not be what you expect it to be, but it will be good in the end.
I have a family who loves me, Some very dear friends who are there through thick and thin, clothes on my back, food on my table, a roof over my head, and a pretty decent internet connection whereby I can surf GTT...What more could I ask for! Thanks for this thread Alan! I needed to remember to look on the bright side of things!
  • Billygoat and Sawdust have said thanks

#13 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted August 16, 2011 - 09:23 PM

Thanks for a wonderful thread Alan. Some days can throw more at us than we are prepared to handle. But when we look at the balance sheet at the end of the day,there are many positives in our lives that we sometimes overlook. Once again, THANK YOU.

#14 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,622 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 09:32 AM

I was making myself some toast this morning and I had a fantastical moment of déjà-vu when one slid off my plate and "plop"

I had to go back and find this to explain to everyone here at the house why I was laughing instead of frowning over the untimely demise of my breakfast.

It's been more than a year since i started this thread, and I still have those things to be thankful for and more.

Just thought I'd report in, let the man upstairs know I am still thankful and bump this... Someone else may have a piece of toast that is upside down today & needs a pick-me-up.
  • Michiganmobileman and marlboro180 have said thanks

#15 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted February 17, 2013 - 09:38 AM

You are right, if dust bunnies and cat hair are your worst worries, than you dont have it too bad.  Nice thread, thanks for bumping.