• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 14, 2010 - 09:12 PM

In less than 6 months 3 people on my little dead end road in Oologah Oklahoma have vowed to gun me down. Now if I had a nickle for every idiot that threatened to shoot me, shot at me, or actually shot me (100+, 50+, and 2) I'd be a VERY rich man. Maybe I should keep my mouth shut, but hey I gotta be me. My neighbor just started driving a semi, so every few days he pulls it down our one lane dead end road and backs it into his driveway. While doing it he pulls into my ditch causing deep ruts , making it impossible to mow. Now I already deal with tons of trash from these people, along with them emptying their kitty litter box in my ditch, so I knocked on the door and requested the people to stop tearing up my property, 5 minutes later the husband storms from the house threatening to shoot me. Yesterday morning I find a huge rock 50 feet up my drive with a note saying "your dead" underneath the rock. I call the police who promise to come out that evening, they don't show or call, I call again this morning and they promise to come this evening around 4. By 5:15 they haven't showed and I call them again, the dispatcher gets snotty with me and I ask for the Sheriff, but she says she has someone on the way. the deputy comes out and says sorry he cant do anything but take the report. I know that, I just want it on record, because now I mow with my gun strapped to my hip. I'm licensed to carry a weapon, just didn't think I have to while mowing my lawn, or the possibility of having a shoot out while driving a garden tractor, oh well, I've always shot pretty good from a moving vehicle, or aircraft. I guess people think they can run over their neighbors or anyone else, I tell them different and make them up back up their words, and they don't like it. I love it.

Edited by hooligan, April 14, 2010 - 09:19 PM.

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted April 15, 2010 - 04:31 AM

All I can say is be careful,wouldn't want to see you get hurt.

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 15, 2010 - 04:50 AM

Sounds like you do need to be careful but I know one thing I would be doing is putting up a rock edge where he is getting his truck and trailer into on your property and make it impossible for him to do anymore.

#4 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,685 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted April 15, 2010 - 05:28 AM

:ditto: the previous posts.
I Think having a rock edge is a great Idea.
Be careful and Goodluck.
Posted Image

#5 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 631 Thanks
  • 1,219 posts

Posted April 15, 2010 - 06:23 AM

Is this ditch actually your property or part of the road allowance?.....I know we all look after these areas and treat it like our own, but if this thing escalates, no sense fighting about something that you really can't win......

Sounds like your neighbor is a bit of a hot head. I would keep documenting things.....with pictures etc.

#6 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 15, 2010 - 07:39 AM

installing spikes today. 4 foot round steel stock sharpened and buried on an angle I told the county this morning and they said I couldn't do it. I told them I could, if they had a problem, kiss off. I figure if I have to weedeat the ditch it will be around my spikes. It doesn't impead water, just thought I'd inform them so they didn't tear up equipment, lol, Hell they never maintain the road anway since it's a one lane dead end. I've been here almost 15 years, never seen them once. I don't mind drawing fire as long as I can shoot back, around here the law is on my side, other states not so much. I'd worry more if these beer swilling crack head hillbillies could shoot, most of these guys would starve to death if they were allowed to hunt at the zoo

#7 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted April 15, 2010 - 09:12 AM

Wow Mike.....what a wonderful neighbor! Guess he's off the BBQ invite list now! Be careful....you never know what idiots are capable of...maybe a good shot!

#8 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,685 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted April 15, 2010 - 09:29 AM

Wow Mike.....what a wonderful neighbor! Guess he's off the BBQ invite list now! Be careful....you never know what idiots are capable of...maybe a good shot!

:ditto:

#9 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted April 15, 2010 - 10:22 AM

:ditto::ditto:and one more :ditto:for good measure.

#10 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 15, 2010 - 10:59 PM

No he's on the BBQ invite list, just as the main course, lol. The words, "I love you", and "I'm going to kill you", have been cheapened by people who throw them about carelessly and don't really mean it, ah to harken back to the day when a man said I do, and did forever, and people that needed killin got theirs sooner rather than later, or never. I had a dear friend who got into it with a neighbor over a fence, the guy went wacko and shot and killed him riding his mower, also shot his son and wounded a family friend before eating his gun. I haven't carried in a while, looks like that will change. I'm ALWAYS careful, but for some reason, I don't worry.

Edited by hooligan, April 15, 2010 - 11:08 PM.

#11 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted April 16, 2010 - 09:20 AM

Mike, I think you were born in the wrong century. You could have been a great Sheriff in a wild west town! Stay alert!

#12 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 16, 2010 - 09:24 AM

He would have made a great sheriff. Just be careful and only pull the gun out if it is going to be strictly self defense.

#13 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 631 Thanks
  • 1,219 posts

Posted April 16, 2010 - 09:34 AM

Thing is, in this PC world we live in these days, you really have to watch everything you say and do........This ditch, being a road allowance (if it is) will be looked at much differently than if the guy was driving onto the actual property....All I can say is be careful......These types of things get turned around many times.

#14 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 17, 2010 - 06:35 AM

Laws are VERY different here in Oklahoma. With my concealed carry licence I have the right to defend my self ANYWHERE I stand. That means I do not not have to be assualted, beaten, or killed, just because a policeman isn't standing beside me, or anyone else I choose to defend from such actions. Once someone has given verbal notice to you or anyone else that he is planning to cause great bodily harm, or he has made physical menace toward you or others, he is then made himself a threat to you and/or others. I've never had to shoot anyone, but on more than a few occasions I have had to pull my jacket back in preparation, and to let someone know I don't play. Rule number one, ALWAYS keep your eyes open and be alert, rule number two, NEVER let someone closer than 10 feet to you, rule number three, if youre far enough away to make a safe egress, to so.

#15 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted April 17, 2010 - 07:54 AM

Laws are VERY different here in Oklahoma. With my concealed carry licence I have the right to defend my self ANYWHERE I stand. That means I do not not have to be assualted, beaten, or killed, just because a policeman isn't standing beside me, or anyone else I choose to defend from such actions. Once someone has given verbal notice to you or anyone else that he is planning to cause great bodily harm, or he has made physical menace toward you or others, he is then made himself a threat to you and/or others. I've never had to shoot anyone, but on more than a few occasions I have had to pull my jacket back in preparation, and to let someone know I don't play. Rule number one, ALWAYS keep your eyes open and be alert, rule number two, NEVER let someone closer than 10 feet to you, rule number three, if youre far enough away to make a safe egress, to so.

That being said,still be careful.