Need to find more time
Posted August 22, 2011 - 07:30 AM
Posted August 22, 2011 - 08:13 AM
As usual, I'll work like a dog for my vacation then go back to work with the list starting to grow with fall chores. As long as there is some element of problem solving and creative thinking involved in the work I actually enjoy it. As I get older though, I find there is a need to take some time off from the physical labour to let the old body recover.
Oh, I'm also still working on the 314!
Posted August 22, 2011 - 05:23 PM
Posted August 23, 2011 - 04:57 PM
Posted August 23, 2011 - 05:57 PM
If I didn't write it down, I found myself doing other things and not concentrating on what should be done.
Posted August 24, 2011 - 05:20 AM
1. Change fluid and filter on LGT 165.
2. Install new front axle bushings on LGT 165.
3. Put temp spring on JD 68 drive idler and test trans. Done
4. Take idler off deck for JD 68 and lube, get new belt for it.
5. Get engine tins ready to install on GTV/16. Done
6. Install new oil pressure gauge on GTV/16. Done
7. Fix bead leak again on LGT 165 rear tire. Done
8. Install wheels on deck for Cub 108.
9, Finish handle assembly for the blade on the LGT 165.
10. Start rehab of mower deck for LGT 165.
11. Remove and send parts to Keith for 3-point on the LGT 165. Done
12.Remove existing lean-to and put up new 'tractor port'.
13. Put new rear struts on 1990 Nissan Mazima.
14. Install new front bushings on Maxima.
15. Install rear motor mount on Maxima.
16. Find and fix exhaust leak on Maxima.
17. Do some cosmetics on the GTV/16 (Ol' Ugly).
18. Build grader blade for the GTV/16.
19. Get new drive belt and clutch spring for the JD 68.
20. Rework/paint dump trailer.
That's just a few more items.
Posted August 24, 2011 - 09:44 PM
Doug, I don't even have enough time to do half to 3/4 of what I have to get done to make my living, much less what I want to get done. I have a list of "wants" at least as long as yours, so rest assured, you DO have company! I usually work 6 days a week, but silage time is upon me, so heading to having only 1 day off every 2 weeks for a while.
I LOVE silage time, favorite time of the year for me. Get to do nothing but truck it up for a few days lol. Usually wish we had more to haul.
Posted September 03, 2011 - 08:24 PM
Posted September 04, 2011 - 09:02 AM