coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted November 05, 2011 - 10:52 PM

Can you give some details on the lift links connecting the rock shaft to the lower lift arms? I have to build a 3pth for my d160 and thats one thing that i can figure out a good solution for.

#122 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,495 Thanks
  • 39,727 posts

Posted November 06, 2011 - 01:28 AM

Looks good, Keith! Neat way for the top link attachment. Thanks for keeping the updates coming.

#123 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted November 06, 2011 - 05:38 PM

Can you give some details on the lift links connecting the rock shaft to the lower lift arms? I have to build a 3pth for my d160 and thats one thing that i can figure out a good solution for.

How long they need to be can be the biggest obstacle . I have a center thread adapter that will allow for a short 8" hole to hole link with a clevis at the bottom and a ball swivel on the top. It has left-hand threads on the female side and right-hand threads on the male side.
Posted Image
A few pics of the area your trying to hook this up would be great and give a better idea of what might be needed.

#124 kubotakid OFFLINE  

kubotakid

• Member No: 2383
  • 5 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted November 12, 2011 - 05:46 PM

Ok got it mounted up last night, I'm going to mount the stabilizer links on the inside like my diesels 3 point , stabilizes better I think, and pulls the arms into the attachment rather than against the pins.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Atta Boy, This hitch should handle the real implements, providing it will lift them, the rockshaft lift point looks ( VERY ) short, and problematic, see post #117 third pic, On another note,.. I guess puttin your design to the test proved change was needed, Iam glad you decided to test it out before you built all those welding jigs, !! :smile1:

Edited by kubotakid, November 14, 2011 - 01:25 AM.
not enough imfo

#125 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted November 14, 2011 - 05:45 AM

Atta Boy, This hitch should handle the real implements, providing it will lift them, the rockshaft lift point looks ( VERY ) short, and problematic, see post #117 third pic, On another note,.. I guess puttin your design to the test proved change was needed, Iam glad you decided to test it out before you built all those welding jigs, !! :smile1:

Eric, if you don't have one of these you will not know that to use the factory attaching points (that only have 2" of stroke) that there is 4200 pounds of force at that point, so that short arm is fine, and it must be short to get 14" of lift at the tips. Oh yeah this was all figured out before I built any linkage. So shear and twist, and torsional stress has been accounted for!

#126 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,495 Thanks
  • 39,727 posts

Posted November 14, 2011 - 05:59 AM

Yep, lots of force. I bent the sleeve hitch on mine trying to lift too far out. Still has a slight warp in it. Got to fix that one of these days.

#127 kubotakid OFFLINE  

kubotakid

• 5 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted November 14, 2011 - 08:10 PM

Eric, if you don't have one of these you will not know that to use the factory attaching points (that only have 2" of stroke) that there is 4200 pounds of force at that point, so that short arm is fine, and it must be short to get 14" of lift at the tips. Oh yeah this was all figured out before I built any linkage. So shear and twist, and torsional stress has been accounted for!

z
Ahh, That sure is very little stroke to work with, Iam thinking 4200 # of torque/pull on that joint calls for more Beef,. The little bolt threw the arm and rockshaft wont hold up to that kind of load? also the actuator link is what 1 in wide? with a 1/2 bolt threw it?, i dunno, I would at least make it a clevis joint, so it will last . Is there a reason the rockshaft (must) interfear with the pto?..and you couldnt lower it enough to clear that intersection? Iam guessing maybe fords odd tiller hookup? If so,.. maybe you could raise the pto a wisker and it wouldnt hurt anything, O hey, I dunno just thinkin out loud, Eric

#128 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted November 14, 2011 - 08:25 PM

On the bolt Thu, its a roll pin, and the shaft is keyed, bronze bushed at the pivots and all pins are 5/8" shoulder Bolts or 5/8" drill rod. The pto is a goofy layout and actually clears the rock shaft by a slim margin . The link is 1" x 3/8" 4140 and has a slot to allow movement ever so slight. That's why there isn't a clevis there.

#129 kubotakid OFFLINE  

kubotakid

• 5 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted November 14, 2011 - 10:46 PM

On the bolt Thu, its a roll pin, and the shaft is keyed, bronze bushed at the pivots and all pins are 5/8" shoulder Bolts or 5/8" drill rod. The pto is a goofy layout and actually clears the rock shaft by a slim margin . The link is 1" x 3/8" 4140 and has a slot to allow movement ever so slight. That's why there isn't a clevis there.

Ok, I didnt see a keyway in the rockshaft. (I Hope), Iam wrong about the lift link pulling apart, But If you put a 5/8 hole in a 1 in bar, your down to 3/16 material left? and without a clevis joint the bolt will twist? I dunno I usally over build the critical high stress joints like that so I dont have to worry. Ive repaired a few factory designs,cuz most of the 0 series wont handle the big loads that get put on em, Massey is in a class by itself, when it comes to 3pts, Good Luck, Keith Ive got many hours of great reading on this sight, because of the projects , and the people on here like you.:smile1: Eric
  • skyrydr2 said thank you

#130 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted November 15, 2011 - 05:29 AM

Eric, the link is actually 1.25 x .375 I just measured the scrap , I thought I made it heavier than 1" .
I didn't want it to look to over built either, as it is only cat 0 and cat 1 stuff just doesn't fit, and in most cases is to over sized anyway to even attempt.
As for lift power, it will lift 600# with the relief set at max of 800 psi . I am running mine at 700 psi .

I have been testing the hitch on my diesel LGT to the absolute extreme and I mean extreme! And it is holding up perfecty, infact I am surprised something hasn't bent ! As I have been using it to log off my land and I pull from the highest point so as to get the max traction and keep the wood off the ground as much as possible . And that little tractor can pull , amazes even me, my friends that have seen it pull are left speechless as am I , I'm probably going to break the tractor in half if I don't build a new one soon.....:thumbs:

#131 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted February 05, 2012 - 02:43 PM

OK, I'm back on this project, and need the engine bracket for the pto shaft, anyone have one they could lend out for a few days while I duplicate it ? I'll send it back ASAP. Thanks

#132 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,495 Thanks
  • 39,727 posts

Posted February 05, 2012 - 04:11 PM

Keith, there are a couple different ones. Which one do you need?

#133 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted February 05, 2012 - 09:22 PM

A picture of the one that has the bearing mounted on it for the shaft would be great , I actually made up a template to make one up that is rigid with an ajustable tensioner .

#134 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,495 Thanks
  • 39,727 posts

Posted February 06, 2012 - 06:27 AM

Keith, I uploaded a .pdf for the JAC 59847 rear PTO into the tractor section. This is a bit different from the one on my closed side I think. Have to go out today and look at mine to be sure. I think the tensioner is different. Here's a pic of what I uploaded:
FordPTO.jpg
It would take a bit to get mine off, have to pull the shaft and all.
  • Firemang said thank you

#135 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted February 06, 2012 - 07:25 AM

The one I mocked up yesterday is very close to the picture you posted, I might be spot on with what I have. If I can find some extra time today, I plan to cut one out of steel and poke all the pertanant holes needed to get it mounted .