skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,403 Thanks
  • 3,154 posts

Posted August 28, 2014 - 05:59 AM

All you want is just the 2 lift arm blanks the upper rocker shaft has welded to it and the 2 center link brackets with all the holes correct? No cross shafts ? $75 plus shipping all the holes will be drilled in the arm blanks too.
I will take a pic. Of what you will get so stay tuned.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20140828_072255.jpg
  • IMG_20140828_094243.jpg

Edited by skyrydr2, August 28, 2014 - 08:45 AM.

#242 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • Member No: 35312
  • 140 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted August 29, 2014 - 12:34 AM

All you want is just the 2 lift arm blanks the upper rocker shaft has welded to it and the 2 center link brackets with all the holes correct? No cross shafts ? $75 plus shipping all the holes will be drilled in the arm blanks too.
I will take a pic. Of what you will get so stay tuned.

Yes. I'd also like to purchase the small shafts that weld to the upper arms as well as the shaft that welds to the 2 center link brackets, the piece that connects to the right side lift arm and mounts to the arm going to the lift cylinder would be great too., just the blank, I'll weld.

#243 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,403 Thanks
  • 3,154 posts

Posted August 29, 2014 - 06:29 AM

OK , the lift tab and lift link are easy, the main shaft and parts that attach are keyed and pinned to it for assembly and service reasons. The small top shaft is basically just a pin that holds the center link mount from flopping around . there is a boss that the plates mount to that rides on the main rocker shaft .the plates are retained with snap rings.
Do you have the ability to machine a key slot in a collar and one arm (broaching)? Only one arm welds on to this shaft. The side that does the lifting is the side that is keyed and pinned. I just made one up but has not been keyed yet. I do this on a wire edm so it comes out perfectly aligned with the lift arms centerline. I'll snap a few shots later to show these pieces when i get to work. On the second shift this week TGIF!!
These parts are the ones that require the most attention for proper operation. Well except the pto side, that side is WAY HARD with out fixtures . also the factory bracket has no provision for the shaft to pass through .

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20140829_135612.jpg

Edited by skyrydr2, August 29, 2014 - 12:58 PM.

#244 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • 140 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted August 29, 2014 - 02:00 PM

OK , the lift tab and lift link are easy, the main shaft and parts that attach are keyed and pinned to it for assembly and service reasons. The small top shaft is basically just a pin that holds the center link mount from flopping around . there is a boss that the plates mount to that rides on the main rocker shaft .the plates are retained with snap rings.
Do you have the ability to machine a key slot in a collar and one arm (broaching)? Only one arm welds on to this shaft. The side that does the lifting is the side that is keyed and pinned. I just made one up but has not been keyed yet. I do this on a wire edm so it comes out perfectly aligned with the lift arms centerline. I'll snap a few shots later to show these pieces when i get to work. On the second shift this week TGIF!!
These parts are the ones that require the most attention for proper operation. Well except the pto side, that side is WAY HARD with out fixtures . also the factory bracket has no provision for the shaft to pass through .

I have a friend that has a mill so I think I can make a key, or can buy a shaft that's keyed on one end.  Did you use 1" for the main rockshaft or 1 1/8"?  What was the price again for bare bones kit, nothing welded, no hardware, no paint?

#245 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,403 Thanks
  • 3,154 posts

Posted August 29, 2014 - 03:25 PM

OKtthis is a photo of the original proto- type brackets that are factory with the exception of the modified pto side.
The main shaft is 1.125 just like factory. If you can modify your stock pto side braket as in the second pic of the back side then it will work for you.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20140829_161649.jpg
  • IMG_20140829_161734.jpg

Edited by skyrydr2, August 29, 2014 - 03:30 PM.

#246 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,403 Thanks
  • 3,154 posts

Posted August 29, 2014 - 03:41 PM

There is no way I can sell just the pieces for the pto bracket. It is very tough to assemble with a fixture. The entireupper assembly ready to bolt on would be $250 or $210 with out thw right side. You can use yours as long as it has the lower holes drilled and bushed. If your brackets were for a tillwr kit thwn they are not done only thr top are used and they are in the wrong location for any 3 point components.
  • Firemang said thank you

#247 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • 140 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted August 30, 2014 - 02:36 AM

There is no way I can sell just the pieces for the pto bracket. It is very tough to assemble with a fixture. The entireupper assembly ready to bolt on would be $250 or $210 with out thw right side. You can use yours as long as it has the lower holes drilled and bushed. If your brackets were for a tillwr kit thwn they are not done only thr top are used and they are in the wrong location for any 3 point components.

Ok, so entire upper assembly minus paint and hardware $250 (very fair price) and the lower arms minus the balls, linkage hardware, and paint?

#248 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,403 Thanks
  • 3,154 posts

Posted August 30, 2014 - 06:11 AM

The lower arms with out the balls welded on, machined are $45 each . mostly material cost , that stuff is $$$$ as I use a strong grade of steel with specific grain structure, not that its needed but gives me piece of mind.

#249 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • 140 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted August 30, 2014 - 03:50 PM

Ok, so I'm looking at $340 total, plus shipping to Oregon which is probably around $50 with the weight.  Message me your address and whatnot and let me know what you think it'll cost to ship.  I'll put some $ together over the next couple of paychecks and send you a money order, versus a check.

#250 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted August 31, 2014 - 08:52 AM

The lower arms with out the balls welded on, machined are $45 each . mostly material cost , that stuff is $$$$ as I use a strong grade of steel with specific grain structure, not that its needed but gives me piece of mind.

Sky does this come with the eyes just not welded on?? Or no eyes at all??

#251 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,403 Thanks
  • 3,154 posts

Posted August 31, 2014 - 10:41 AM

Sky does this come with the eyes just not welded on?? Or no eyes at all??

These are just the arms machined, no weld on ball ends and the arms are basically straight. as my hitch design doesnt use the dog leg arms . i have found that they dont behave anyware near as nice as the straight ones do.

#252 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,403 Thanks
  • 3,154 posts

Posted September 16, 2014 - 04:43 PM

OK a few shots of my 3 point on my diesel LGT 165 with the updated draft arms (lower implement arms) and lift links and my grader blade I just made fit my drawbar frame. It works pretty slick too. Enjoy

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20140916_173607.jpg
  • IMG_20140916_173659.jpg
  • IMG_20140916_173730.jpg

• MH81 and Rock farmer have said thanks

#253 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,403 Thanks
  • 3,154 posts

Posted November 03, 2015 - 09:58 AM

I need to update this thread, the latest design, pictured is working flawlessly! No issues and even have the factory pto running smooth as silk. It's a very functional unit for sure !. Only thing iI need to now is make up a 540 pto setup so we can run a few farm goodies like pumps and such.
  • Alc and Bmerf have said thanks

#254 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,403 Thanks
  • 3,154 posts

Posted November 05, 2015 - 04:44 AM

And it will even run a sleeve hitch too , I took the old lower hitch linkage from my factory tiller, ( I converted it to 3 point hitch) and turned it into a sleeve hitch. Works great .

Attached Thumbnails

• 1446672348789.jpg

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#255 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted November 05, 2015 - 10:51 AM

I need to update this thread, the latest design, pictured is working flawlessly! No issues and even have the factory pto running smooth as silk. It's a very functional unit for sure !. Only thing iI need to now is make up a 540 pto setup so we can run a few farm goodies like pumps and such.

I would really like to see how to make a 540 setup.  I want to be able to run a 42" brush-hog that I found but I don't have anything that makes 540.