skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 07:19 PM

I don't have any plans per say, just CNC programs and really don't want to give up this info as it has taken many hours to get it correct and it is very easy to mess things up too.

#227 IslandFordguy OFFLINE  

IslandFordguy
  • Member No: 10884
  • 19 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 06:42 PM

Fair enough. You've spent a lot of time making sure things work well. CNC programs wouldn't be much good to your average tractor buff anyway. I'm still planning on hitting you up for an upper assembly at some point.
  • skyrydr2 said thank you

#228 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 08:13 PM

Here is a set of arms that DO NOT WORK WELL just so ya know, they mis- behave when plowing..

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20130517_194709.jpg

#229 ChopRod OFFLINE  

ChopRod
  • Member No: 50072
  • 52 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted June 03, 2014 - 05:30 PM

With my kit you need the entire set up for a 3 point hitch , what you have now will work fine with a factory tiller and sleeve hitch. unless you have Cat."0" 3 point hitch implements you really would not need this kit .
But if you do want one it would run you $535.00 plus shipping.
You would need to remove all your existing rear brackets (6 3/8" bolts) and install mine in its place. No need to remove your pto shaft as it will work with my kit just fine.

Thats the upper shaft and mounting plate on the right I need for my tiller. The mounting bracket looks to flat stock with the appropriate holes drilled.

#230 ChopRod OFFLINE  

ChopRod
  • Member No: 50072
  • 52 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted June 03, 2014 - 05:31 PM

In firemang's picture from May 16th that is.

Thats the upper shaft and mounting plate on the right I need for my tiller. The mounting bracket looks to flat stock with the appropriate holes drilled.

#231 IslandFordguy OFFLINE  

IslandFordguy
  • Member No: 10884
  • 19 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 08:45 AM

In firemang's picture from May 16th that is.

I built an upper tiller linkage last year. I have a drawing with measurements that someone sent me for the plate. I can send it to you. I just had a welding shop do the bar. Cost me 20 bucks. I bought a bronze bushing that rides on the tiller shaft as well as I couldn;t get one from Ford to press into the plate.  

#232 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted June 05, 2014 - 08:28 AM

Kenny

In the first pictures that you posted in this thread I see a rear PTO that looks to be run from a belt from underneath.

What RPM is that rear PTO?? and where can I get one??

Edited by victor3ranger, June 05, 2014 - 08:31 AM.

#233 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted June 05, 2014 - 08:36 AM

A few more shots of the linkages
IMAG0271.jpg
IMAG0272.jpg
IMAG0269.jpg
IMAG0270.jpg
IMAG0267.jpg
The last one is of the pto drive, this configuration has 2 speeds, 2000 rpm in low and 3150 in high .
This makes the tiller hum, and does it make nice soil, but it really makes the engine work if your burrying the tiller.

This is the PTO drive I am wanting to find.

I am in the process of building a pull behind mower from a 60" JD belly mower deck that is shaft driven. If I could find one of these rear PTO's I could attach a shaft and run it like a brush hog, at least that is my plan.

#234 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted June 05, 2014 - 10:20 AM

( Evil scientists laugh inserted here) well that pto setup is completely totally unquestionably custom!! It has a custom made shaft that you see sticking out and a very custom made drive unit that mounts as if it was the mower deck.

What you need: first you need that right angle drive.... It came from a GL 12 Bolens from late 70s early 80s??
Then you need to build a sub frame for a jack shaft to qet from the engine pto to the gear box with 2 belts.
Next : find a plate to space and hold the gearbox to the tractors existing hitch.
The output shaft for that is actually the input side of the box so you need to save The drive flange that was on it so you can mount it to a prop shaft.( I made an entirely new shaft that has the standard 1" 15 tooth spline)
Make up yoyr jackshaft with the proper sized pulleys and your good to go.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0449.jpg

Edited by skyrydr2, June 05, 2014 - 10:24 AM.

#235 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted August 20, 2014 - 10:07 AM

Anyone interested in a 3 point hitch for their LGT/Jacobsen gen. tractors let me know as I will have a batch ready the first week of September.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20121201_153930.jpg

• Alc said thank you

#236 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted August 20, 2014 - 10:58 PM

Anyone interested in a 3 point hitch for their LGT/Jacobsen gen. tractors let me know as I will have a batch ready the first week of September.

I'm interested, Keith.  Do you have a price in mind at this point?

Smitty

#237 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted August 21, 2014 - 07:10 AM

Units will cost $555.00 plus shipping and will be painted your choice of Factory Blue , White or Black and will come with adjustable third link.

I can get them for a decent price so I thought it would better to include them . The stores all want $40 plus for them IF your lucky enough to even find them... :thumbs:

• TomLGT195 said thank you

#238 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • Member No: 35312
  • 152 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted August 27, 2014 - 04:17 PM

How much for just a set of the upper arms and the two top link brackets, no outside brackets, linkages or shafts?  Are those two horizontal shafts running though the brackets stainless?

#239 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted August 27, 2014 - 07:53 PM

Nothing on that upper assembly will cross with any factory brackets unfortunately. I had to revamp the entire arrangement to accommodate the outboard rocker shaft arms. The original arms are on the insides of the side brackets. This made the lower arms all floppy and would flip over sideways pulling a bottom plow. I hated it!! So I re thought the entire assembly and made an entirely different unit that works as the factory does. Bolts on the same too. Even works with the factory pto.
  • KennyP said thank you

#240 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • Member No: 35312
  • 152 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted August 28, 2014 - 12:41 AM

Nothing on that upper assembly will cross with any factory brackets unfortunately. I had to revamp the entire arrangement to accommodate the outboard rocker shaft arms. The original arms are on the insides of the side brackets. This made the lower arms all floppy and would flip over sideways pulling a bottom plow. I hated it!! So I re thought the entire assembly and made an entirely different unit that works as the factory does. Bolts on the same too. Even works with the factory pto.

I have a couple extra pto brackets so if I foul one up no big deal. Are you only interested in selling whole kits or something?