Well that answers the missing rocker assembly question :thumbs:

#212 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 34918
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 08:26 AM

I just found this thread and after the reading the whole thing all I can say is WOW!!  Keith, you seem like someone whose brain I need to pick a little bit lol.  I have a closed side, LGT 145 that I'm going to be doing a restoration on (it's pretty rough), not a show quality thing but just functional.  I have very little with it, only a mowing deck that I don't know if I'll even use as I have other tractors with decks and I'd like this one to handle all of my other tractor duties.  

Here's my "wish list" basically:  Front and rear pto's; front and rear 3 points; auxiliary hydraulic hookups.

I love the 3 point kit you have but I do have some questions;  The 3 point you have on your diesel looks more my speed (bulletproof, lol) and I like the center mounted pto setup.  Since I have no implements whatsoever for this tractor I'm wondering if I'd be better off setting up a pto like that or doing it offset like the factory one would've been...?   I have a fair amount of fabricating experience (although I'm lacking the tools needed to do really beautiful stuff like what's in this thread :D ) so I'm perfectly willing to adapt whatever implements I get to fit the tractor.

Maybe I'm over-thinking it but I like how the 3 pt. on your diesel has it's own lift cylinder, thus freeing up the factory one if you were to have the deck on or some other belly mounted implement.  I know that entire tractor is basically custom at this point but maybe you can still help me with this question:  How much is the hydrostatic pump capable of running? If I'd be better off running an auxiliary hydro pump what's the best option there or what do people commonly do?  

Thanks in advance for all of your help and I'm sure I'll be on the list to buy that 3 pt. kit in some way, shape or form!

#213 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,404 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted May 13, 2013 - 02:26 PM

LOL, the hydro pump can easily handle a second circuit .
As for the center pto... That bad boy is custom And has some serious time in it. It has the capabitity of 2 speeds and could be reversed if needed ( cross the drive belt) .
I am still not happy with the seperate cylinder for it and plan to change it with a longer and larger bore, so i can have some float. Right now it is solid and makes plowing difficult.
Also played around with different arms and found the straighter they are the better they work. So my kit arms have been proven the most user friendly . as is the latest third link arrangement.

Edited by skyrydr2, May 14, 2013 - 03:18 AM.

#214 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted May 13, 2013 - 06:18 PM

By second circuit do you mean just one more cylinder? What sort of hydro pump do guys run typically with a FEL?

If the 3 point is lifted using the stock ram (like your kit) does that give usable float? How about down pressure? Sorry for all of the questions but seeing someone with the knowledge to do design work like this really makes me want to pick their brain and learn all I can about stuff like this...

#215 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,404 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted May 14, 2013 - 03:25 AM

The hydro transmission has a charge pump, this pump is good for 700-800 psi MAX. With a maximum volume of 1.5-2 GPM not even close enough for a loader. It will however run power steering and an extra cylinder for say , the 3 point and a blade angle that's about it.
You would need an aux.pump for the loader to make more volume and pressure.

#216 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted May 14, 2013 - 04:13 PM

Good info, thank you! Any words of wisdom as far as the "float" question?

#217 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • Member No: 35312
  • 140 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 01:38 AM

If someone has a set of top link/ pto brackets they could send to me, I could mock up and kit a 3 point hitch for them?
This is something I have been meaning to do now for a while , anyone interested let me know ok ?

tn_gallery_35312_475_1743995.jpg

Could you mock up a kit for me with what I have pictured here?  Would I need to discontinue using the PTO if I were to add the 3pt or can it be integrated into the design?

#218 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • 140 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 02:19 AM

Keith, I uploaded a .pdf for the JAC 59847 rear PTO into the tractor section. This is a bit different from the one on my closed side I think. Have to go out today and look at mine to be sure. I think the tensioner is different. Here's a pic of what I uploaded:
attachicon.gif24260.attach
It would take a bit to get mine off, have to pull the shaft and all.

Kenny, any way you could send me a bigger picture of that PTO drawing (and part number, specifically the belt off the crank?) When I bought my tractor the guy had the PTO totally disassembled so all I got was parts.  I want to know I have em all and get it back together right.  I looked in the manual and parts books on here but couldnt find an exploded drawing like this.

#219 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • 140 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 02:24 AM

This is what you get with one of my kits :)

tn_gallery_35312_475_1743995.jpg

So judging from the back of my rig, what do I need from one of your kits and how much would that run me?

#220 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 03:13 AM

Kenny, any way you could send me a bigger picture of that PTO drawing (and part number, specifically the belt off the crank?) When I bought my tractor the guy had the PTO totally disassembled so all I got was parts.  I want to know I have em all and get it back together right.  I looked in the manual and parts books on here but couldnt find an exploded drawing like this.

Here is a pic of the front bracket & tensioner for my closed side.

Image005.jpg

It bolts on using the 2 left hand bolts for the PTO. I'll see if I can get the belt # for you today!

I'll have to look into that PTO drawing, as mine is a bit different from it.

• Firemang said thank you

#221 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,404 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 03:18 AM

With my kit you need the entire set up for a 3 point hitch , what you have now will work fine with a factory tiller and sleeve hitch. unless you have Cat."0" 3 point hitch implements you really would not need this kit .
But if you do want one it would run you $535.00 plus shipping.
You would need to remove all your existing rear brackets (6 3/8" bolts) and install mine in its place. No need to remove your pto shaft as it will work with my kit just fine.
  • Firemang said thank you

#222 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • 140 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 10:53 AM

Ok, guess I'll have to rat hole some $ and get back to you later this summer

#223 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • 140 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 10:56 AM

Actually on 2nd thought, how much to just get a copy of the plans and dimensions?

#224 IslandFordguy OFFLINE  

IslandFordguy
  • Member No: 10884
  • 19 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 06:53 AM

Actually on 2nd thought, how much to just get a copy of the plans and dimensions?

I'd be up for buying the plans as well if you were willing. They are cheaper to ship to Canada than the pieces.

#225 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • 140 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 04:53 PM

With my kit you need the entire set up for a 3 point hitch , what you have now will work fine with a factory tiller and sleeve hitch. unless you have Cat."0" 3 point hitch implements you really would not need this kit .
But if you do want one it would run you $535.00 plus shipping.
You would need to remove all your existing rear brackets (6 3/8" bolts) and install mine in its place. No need to remove your pto shaft as it will work with my kit just fine.

See Island Fordguy's comment and mine above