• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dualsportklx OFFLINE  

dualsportklx

• Member No: 5415
  • 3 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted August 08, 2011 - 07:45 PM

looking for a list of model or serial numbers for springfield lawn tractors. if anyone can help

#2 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted August 08, 2011 - 07:53 PM

:wave: dualsportklx Welcome to GTTalk! It's great to have you here! I can't remember the exact decoding method for the Springfields, but I think that they're pretty straight forward. I believe that the model number reads 2 numbers, a letter, then 2 numbers. The first 2 numbers are the horse power, the letter designates some configuration (I can't remember that exactly) and the last 2 numbers are the year. I think that the serial number is just a sequential order of production. I could be wrong about all of this, but I'm sure that Casey (WVBuzzmaster) will be along shortly to straighten me out.
  • Nascar3244888 said thank you

#3 Bruce Dorsi OFFLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,179 Thanks
  • 2,148 posts

Posted August 09, 2011 - 04:32 AM

looking for a list of model or serial numbers for springfield lawn tractors. if anyone can help

A list of all models of Springfield equipment from 1946-1966 is in the belt size listing in your other thread: http://gardentractor...belt-size-8184/

There is no list of serial numbers that I know of.

If you are trying to identify a Springfield Suburban Tractor, there is some info at:
Springfield Suburban Tractor Identification - Manuals - Garden Tractor Talk - Forums

#4 dualsportklx OFFLINE  

dualsportklx

• Member No: 5415
  • 3 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted August 09, 2011 - 07:11 AM

:wave: dualsportklx Welcome to GTTalk! It's great to have you here! I can't remember the exact decoding method for the Springfields, but I think that they're pretty straight forward. I believe that the model number reads 2 numbers, a letter, then 2 numbers. The first 2 numbers are the horse power, the letter designates some configuration (I can't remember that exactly) and the last 2 numbers are the year. I think that the serial number is just a sequential order of production. I could be wrong about all of this, but I'm sure that Casey (WVBuzzmaster) will be along shortly to straighten me out.

thanks thats a big help

#5 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted August 09, 2011 - 04:20 PM

Steve (caseguy) is half right lol. The Model number will be as ellaborate as 66TME10 in which 66 is year, T is tractor, M is mower, E is electric start, and 10 is HP. They are all this pattern but some will be like 63TE6 which had no mower (supposedly) and only 6 HP. It is a fairly simple system but it screws a lot of guys up because it is not like everyone elses where you use the serial number and a chart someone made to get a year and the Model is more of a code instead of a more arbitrary deal like you find on Masseys and Cub Cadets. Good luck.

#6 scrapiron OFFLINE  

scrapiron

Tractorholic

• Member No: 5985
  • 1 Thanks
  • 104 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 09:06 PM

Welcome to GTTalk!