• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 08, 2011 - 11:34 AM

so abotu a week ago i played with the plow on the bolens, in the dirt. always fun but the ground was rock hard and i couldnt seem to tear out the rocks that needed to come out to level. so then it rained for the past 3 days. i got outside, she fired up and wow did i have fun. the ags were in 4 inches of wet muddy soil and they pulled right out. those 54" blade just tear it up no questions asked. i even got a partial stump out. im just amazed i only burned about 8 ounces of oil doing it today. but then again i only ran it for about 15 minutes.

#2 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted August 08, 2011 - 11:38 AM

Sounds like you had a good time. If you get a chance, pictures of the job would be great. Glad you had fun.

#3 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted August 08, 2011 - 12:19 PM

8 oz for 15 minutes? No 'skeeters there! LOL

Glad you had a good time in the mud.

#4 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 08, 2011 - 12:19 PM

Photo1 (31).jpg heres some pics. i also included a pic of my plow and how i changed the spring so it trips very very seldom. i cut 2 links off each spring and had my buddy with a torch bend them the correct way again. i also put the closer to the center. i think it will be a big help when plowing snow also.

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo1 (32).jpg
  • Photo1 (30).jpg

#5 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 08, 2011 - 12:20 PM

i sent the pics to myself via email from my ipod so some didnt come through yet ill upload more when they come.

#6 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 08, 2011 - 12:27 PM

i cannot figure out why it burns oil. i wonder if i have a warped head on the one side or the block warped. i cant figure it out for the life of me. my compression is good. im gonna buy that oil additive so it doesnt burn. it says 4 ounces for a twin engine. well ill add all 20 and see how it works.

#7 caseguy ONLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted August 08, 2011 - 09:14 PM

Looks like you had a good time! I don't care how old you get, playing in the dirt / mud never looses it's appeal! You just get to play with bigger toys in the sandbox LOL! Looks like it did a great job too!

#8 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 08, 2011 - 11:32 PM

i cleared out a spot for this cub 1863 i thought i was getting but it sold while i was driving there ='(

#9 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted August 09, 2011 - 10:44 AM

Thanks for adding the pics. It really makes you feel like you were there. Looks like you had a real good time.

#10 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 10, 2011 - 03:10 PM

its like a bulldozer. now i want to be a heavy equipment operator lol. i scared myself to death today. all the sudden all my hydros stopped working and i panicked and then i check the release valve or what ever it would be considered and it unscrewed itself a bit. alls well now but i ran out of gas.

#11 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 10, 2011 - 05:56 PM

It does look like you had fun.

#12 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 10, 2011 - 09:07 PM

i learned to really dig in deep you gotta angle the blade, take it up to full throttle and go at a steady pace and the dirt really peels up.

#13 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted August 11, 2011 - 05:07 AM

I have to agree with Caseguy, fun playing in the dirt. Glad it's working good for you, jdecker94. Have fun with it!

#14 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted August 11, 2011 - 01:01 PM

today i woke up. ate breakfast. went outside started the tractor up. backed up and both tires were flat. my AG's were flat. never added air. so apparently someone let the air out. now i spent 4 hours make little traps around where i park the tractor. if i EVER caught someone messing with my tractor needless to say they would be hurt. now i need to get both tires back on the time. bead them and fill them. when i find out who touched my tractor, there gonna need 4 new car tires.