• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 titan man OFFLINE  

titan man

• Member No: 5389
  • 0 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted August 08, 2011 - 09:27 AM

I purchased a 54 inch plow that was on a 400 thinking it would go right on my 455 but as you guys know it is different. can someone provide pictures of which holes on the tractor the mount needs to mate up to and pictures of the blade bracket itself so I can change the bracket to mount as originally intended?

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 08, 2011 - 10:22 AM

Welcome to GTTalk. There have been a lot of different front hitches over the years. I believe the 455 takes the Quick Hitch style and it is a different setup than the older tractors. You can go to JDParts.com and look at the parts diagrams for the front hitch for the 455. It may help with making an adapter.
Someone here may know the answer to your question if you give it some time. It seems to me that there is a company that makes an adapter. If I can find the info. I'll post it in another reply.

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 08, 2011 - 10:25 AM

Try this link. I think this is exactly what you need. They call it a frame squeezer.

ALZWELDING.com - Quality First
  • daytime dave said thank you

#4 titan man OFFLINE  

titan man

• 0 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted August 08, 2011 - 11:03 PM

I have all the resorces I'm a machinist by trade if i could just get a good look at the proper holes it supposed to mount to I can correct the mount that it came with but thanks for the info.

#5 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted August 08, 2011 - 11:06 PM

titan man Good luck fabricating your mount.

JDBrian. Thanks for that great link. Very interesting.

#6 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 09, 2011 - 05:10 AM

I have all the resorces I'm a machinist by trade if i could just get a good look at the proper holes it supposed to mount to I can correct the mount that it came with but thanks for the info.

Do you mean the mount on the tractor. There is normally a hook on the bottom of the frame at the front where it extends downwards. The quick hitch mounts by a bar that goes into the hook then there are pins that go through the frame up near the top front. If you have a look at the hitch diagrams on JDparts you can see the layout and the holes in the frame should be obvious. It is hard to explain without pictures. Search for 455 as a model no. and then look in the alphabetical index for hitch or maybe under attachments forthe 54 blade or front (quick) hitch. It's sometimes hard to find the hitch diagrams.

#7 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 09, 2011 - 05:23 AM

I had a quick look and found the diagram. This shouls show you how it goes together as they show the frame of the tractor.

MP16680________UN21NOV96.jpg

#8 titan man OFFLINE  

titan man

• 0 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted August 09, 2011 - 10:39 PM

is there a model that has a wider frame than the 455 cause my tractor looks narrower than the mount I hav I don't think the guy had it on his 400 I think maybe it for another model.

#9 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 10, 2011 - 05:35 AM

At this point it would help if you could post some pictures so that you could get a definitive ID on what hitch you have. You will need to build an adapter to get it to work regardless of what model you have. It may be easier and cheaper to just resell the hitch and get the correct one for your tractor.

#10 titan man OFFLINE  

titan man

• 0 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted August 10, 2011 - 07:51 PM

im trying to do all this from my phone its the only internet I have right now I haven't figured out how to post a picture yet

#11 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 11, 2011 - 05:26 AM

I'm not sure, but if you have the picture on your phone you can try this. Hit the Go Advanced button in the lower right corner of the reply pane. Scroll down to manage attachments. A window will open and you can add files. You download the files and then insert them in the post. Again, this is the procedure on a computer so it's worth a try on your phone. Perhaps others will help with this issue.

#12 titan man OFFLINE  

titan man

• 0 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted August 18, 2011 - 11:21 PM

I just about have the mount done I will try to post pictures of the finished product if I can figure out how I have limited options with this phone if someone has experience with an android phone please help.

#13 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 19, 2011 - 04:08 AM

I just about have the mount done I will try to post pictures of the finished product if I can figure out how I have limited options with this phone if someone has experience with an android phone please help.

Thats good news that you got the mount done. Sorry,can't help with the phone! It would be nice to see some pictures of it.