Spent some time on it today mounting the mower deck and getting all ready for grass cutting.
Had to replace 1 belt, greased the spindles, the blades on it are new and sharp and spent a lot of time adjusting the deck to get it to sit right.
Somebody has put 2 extra wheels on the front and they had it riding on all 4, what I did was set it up the way it's suppose to be by adjusting the front mower arms that come from the mule drive so that it hangs at the right level and rides on the rear wheels. I set the front wheels like you would for anti scalp wheels, 1/2" up off the ground, I tried it out a bit and it seems OK. My grass is short, just starting to grow so it didn't cut much but it seems to be even.
I like the extra wheels on the front, I think it's a good upgrade.
I also discovered that the charging circuit is not working, no DC
output, I got 12volts AC at idle and 30volts AC at full speed, measured from the 2 wires that come form the stator coil.
So I think I need a regulator for it as the rest of the wiring seems OK.
I really don't want to buy a regulator as I'm selling it but I can't look someone in the eye and say everything works on it.
Still haven't put the carb kit in it yet, maybe to nite.