skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,404 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 03:58 AM

Good morning folks, very mild today ,53* and fairly calm, supposed to get cold and chance of snow this weekend , we'll see ? I have a pedal tractor I need to assemble for my daughter for Christmas :thumbs:

#632 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 05:01 AM

Good morning all. Warm here today as well with rain and a fair amount of wind overnight. The high today is forecasted at +9c dropping to -9 overnight and staying cold all weekend. No snow in the forecast. A lot of weather tracks up the east coast and we end up getting it after the NE states.

#633 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,366 Thanks
  • 39,643 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 05:04 AM

Morning! 32* going for a high of 50. Supposed to warm a bit more for the weekend.

#634 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 05:05 AM

Good morning Keith,Brian, Kenny and everyone. Well ,it's 9c here this morning,although by afternoon,it supposed to drop to 5c.

#635 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 05:22 AM

Good morning gentlemen. Warm, but spitting rain today. I hope Kenny you got the plumbing problem behind you-I hate plumbing- Time to attend to xmas, I guess.
There's 1 fight with my 12 to finish first. The steering wheel WILL come off today.

#636 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 05:47 AM

Supposed to be a high of 40* F (4* C) today with some snow flurries. Last day of work for a till next week.

#637 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,366 Thanks
  • 39,643 posts

Posted December 16, 2011 - 06:04 AM

Lee, that was an exercise in futility. The house is the one we spent all summer remodeling. When we redid the plumbing, we cut access holes thru the sub floor to get down there. Took 2 hrs. for my partner to get back to the kitchen area due to the heat ducts. The owner says he smells gas in the hot water, but the smell goes away after running for a while. Thought we had put in a used fitting from a gas line. But none were found. Gas line is 3/4", water is all 1/2" except feeding the HWH which is all new galvanized. I think if he runs more water thru, the chlorine will 'bleach out' any odor in time. I couldn't smell anything. House is vacant and for sale.

#638 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,366 Thanks
  • 39,643 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 04:29 AM

Morning! Going for a low around 25* (4.5C), hopefully 55* (13C) and sunny! Spent the better part of yesterday doing some cleaning around the house, maybe a bit more this morning while it is cool out. Grabbed a few groceries, got the rest of the items needed for the ham I am going to bake for Christmas. The recipe call for maple syrup, orange juice, ginger ale, brown sugar, honey, maraschino cherries, and pineapple slices. Just a bit different from our normal ham, we'll see how that goes over. Need to go get a yellow cake mix so I can make a pineapple upside down cake for Steve and I.

#639 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 05:18 AM

Good morning.It is about -3c here this morning,and it isn't supposed to be much warmer all day.

#640 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 07:00 AM

Lee, that was an exercise in futility. The house is the one we spent all summer remodeling. When we redid the plumbing, we cut access holes thru the sub floor to get down there. Took 2 hrs. for my partner to get back to the kitchen area due to the heat ducts. The owner says he smells gas in the hot water, but the smell goes away after running for a while. Thought we had put in a used fitting from a gas line. But none were found. Gas line is 3/4", water is all 1/2" except feeding the HWH which is all new galvanized. I think if he runs more water thru, the chlorine will 'bleach out' any odor in time. I couldn't smell anything. House is vacant and for sale.

You have my sympathies . I hate working plumbing more than anything else. Perhaps since the house is vacant, the HW tank absorbs some fuel gas/smell while sitting idle. Could be thats the case if no odor is present in the cold side?

#641 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,366 Thanks
  • 39,643 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 07:09 AM

It has a brand new tankless system in it. Better not be!

#642 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 07:42 AM

A belated good morning to everyone. Warm, but a little rainy in Central Ar. today. Good day to finally separate my 12 from the steering wheel hub. If all else fails, I've got 20Tons of hydraulic force just itching to join the fight.

#643 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 07:49 AM

Good morning everyone. I'm late today but I had to get an early start on some house cleaning and decorating for xmas. It's cold today and below freezing for the next few days. Still no major storms in the forecast.

#644 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 18, 2011 - 05:19 AM

Good morning guys.Well I think it's going to be nice today,cool,but nice.It's -4c here right now.

#645 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,366 Thanks
  • 39,643 posts

Posted December 18, 2011 - 05:30 AM

Morning! Hanging right about 30* (-1C) this morning. Going for a high of 60* (16C). Got rain in the forecast for Mon. & Tues., possibly an inch or more. If I had a propane tank, today would be good to melt lead.