finding some really good deals on stuff to sell or part out

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ad356 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 3766
  • 9 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted August 03, 2011 - 02:34 PM

i am going in an hour to buy a pair, yes i said a pair of mtd 800 series garden tractors. both have good running briggs flathead twin i/c engines. 150 bucks for the pair. one is a parts tractor and one is a usable tractor that includes a 46" deck with a bad transmission belt. transmission belt can be fixed easily and cheaply.

tomorrow im buying a 149 with a good running k321. im going to remove the engine and sell it to my stepfather who is need of a 14 hp kohler for his 149. im going to sell the engine for 150. im then going to take the rebuilt k301 out of my 147 and install it in the 149. that will give me an upgraded tractor for myself for 100 bucks. i will sell the 147 as a rolling chassis for 100 bucks. i dont want to part out the 147 but i could if it doesnt sell. the 147 doesnt have the right lift unit on it and those lifts are just to much money. i can easily upgrade to the 149 and have a tractor with a much better lift setup for cheap, cheap.

i'm also going to buy a craftsman LT1000 for 75 bucks. runs but no deck. i dont care anyways, that one's going to go on the chopping block. might be able to turn that 75 bucks into a couple hundred profit.

i also might buy a quietline 1450 for 100 bucks. no engine no deck, but a hydraulic lift thats worth a couple hundered easily. i could easily make money on it.

there is some very cheap stuff out there and it seems like many people basically give them away to get them off of their yard. their loss is my gain. i like that game.