• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 StanHaff OFFLINE  

StanHaff

• Member No: 5297
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted August 03, 2011 - 01:05 PM

I have recently purchased a MF 1655 . Seems to be a solid machine, but it has a problem with the hydro static drive pedal. It doesn't have a nuetral centering point. What is used to center this pedal? spring or springs? where can I get them?
Thanks

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted August 03, 2011 - 01:27 PM

It has springs, but not ordinary style. Not sure if they are still available or not. Maybe someone else that knows for sure will post the answer.

#3 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted August 03, 2011 - 06:44 PM

When I first bought my MF 1655 it didn't have any netural on the pedal either.The problem wasn't anything to do with the spring.The problem was that of a internal roll pin being broken. What you can do to see if your's is broken is to do this. Take the center cover off and watch the linkages.The pedal on the right hand side moves the linkage on the right side of the hydro that moves a shaft that goes into the hydro pump..It must be OK as your tractor has movement.Now on the the oppisite or left hand side of the hydro is another shaft comming out of the hydro with linkage connected to it.The left side has the centering spring and linkages on it.When you move the FWD?REV pedal the centering linkages on the left side should move as well.If there not moving then the roll pin that holds the shaft to the swash plate is broken.If thats the case then you'll have to pull the pump apart to fix it.Try not to use it that way as if the pin is broken its going to be putting small pieces of metal etc: into your pump etc.Larry

#4 StanHaff OFFLINE  

StanHaff

• Member No: 5297
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted August 04, 2011 - 12:51 PM

When I first bought my MF 1655 it didn't have any netural on the pedal either.The problem wasn't anything to do with the spring.The problem was that of a internal roll pin being broken. What you can do to see if your's is broken is to do this. Take the center cover off and watch the linkages.The pedal on the right hand side moves the linkage on the right side of the hydro that moves a shaft that goes into the hydro pump..It must be OK as your tractor has movement.Now on the the oppisite or left hand side of the hydro is another shaft comming out of the hydro with linkage connected to it.The left side has the centering spring and linkages on it.When you move the FWD?REV pedal the centering linkages on the left side should move as well.If there not moving then the roll pin that holds the shaft to the swash plate is broken.If thats the case then you'll have to pull the pump apart to fix it.Try not to use it that way as if the pin is broken its going to be putting small pieces of metal etc: into your pump etc.Larry

Thanks for the information. I will check out the linkages but I hope its just missing springs rather than pulling apart the pump.
Stan

#5 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted August 04, 2011 - 05:33 PM

It's actually only a single spring that has hooks on either end.If your spring is missing let me know and I'll take some pics of mine and measure it up and I'am sure you could very easily make one.It actually just pulls two linkages/levers back together centering them.Of course the creep adjustment is on the same side just about the spring.Larry