Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Picked up a 149 as a donor for my 109 and have a couple questions...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jdslednut ONLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted July 31, 2011 - 12:00 AM

My buddy dropped off my new toy today, a 149 I thought I might throw it back together but it's just a little far gone in my opinion. PO disassembled and let it sit in a wet barn for about 15 years so the engine parts are pretty rusty and the rest of the tractor looks like a basket case. No more basket cases for me! My CC Original and JD 214 have convinced me to begin projects with a little more meat on the bone.

Anyway, I'd like to "take it under the knife" and transfer the hydraulics and rear lift to my 109. Hydraulics are not my expertise so I'm looking for a little advice. What do I need to look for to ensure it will fit. What, besides the obvious equipment, might I need to install/modify? I've read a thread or 2 about a ported hydro pump. How can I tell if I have this already? If not, is there a good way to test the hydro and hydraulic lift from the donor tractor to see if they work properly before I go to all of the work of taking apart my main mowing machine?

Any other hints or tips you may have would be very helpful as well.

Thank you to a bunch of great tractor-lovin' guys and gals for making this site what it is and what it has become! Jeff