12 replies to this topic

#1 ad356 OFFLINE  

ad356

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3766
  • 9 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted July 30, 2011 - 08:02 PM

im starting to part out junk lawnmowers. i will try and keep it to the mtd and ayp produced stuff and the smaller lawn tractors. i have no intention parting out IH built machines unless they are too far gone. my first victim is the 2135, i have it almost completely torn down and already have items posted on ebay. i want to eventually sell everything that i can get money for except the bare frame which will go to the junkyard. i need to make extra money and this seems like a fairly easy way to do it. i have an ad posted on Craigslist advertising that i will remove unwanted lawn and garden tractors.

i dont feel bad about the 2135 either, the tractor is completely beat, and there is a sad story behind that piece of junk. about 15 years ago i had a bolens ride-a-matic complete with snowblower, roto tiller, single bottom plow, and mower deck. i rebuilt that k161 and i used around the yard... alot. the garage collapsed on that poor tractor and since my parents had full value replacement they got several thousand dollars for it. i wanted my parents to buy me a wide or narrow frame cub cadet built by IH, since i had my money and time invested in my bolens. i was a 14 year old kid that rebuilt that tractor mechanically and used it the 2 acre lawn we had at the time. i did this becuase my parents were to cheap to buy something to mow all of that grass and remove the snow in the winter. i had spent 275 for the tractor with attachments, 400 bucks rebuilding the engine, and countless other money spent on bringing it back up to snuff. anyways against my wishes my parents took the money they received from my tractor and bought that POS brand new. they paid allot of money for it and it fell apart. there is some anger involving that machine. im glad to see it go bye bye.

anyways im now in the market for more other people's junk that i will turn into cash more me

after tearing apart that 2135 its easy to remember why i spend so much time and money working on the real cub cadets. that 2135 was built like a beer can. cheap, cheap thin steel what a POS. they know how to put lipstick on a pig when they built that junk. the transaxle and engine arent too bad but the tractor is piece of JUNK. i love those old machines with their heavy gauge steel, high quality cast iron, and overall outstanding build quality. im really trying to make that 124 shine like new. a 40 year old new tractor, now that's something really cool.

#2 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted July 30, 2011 - 08:56 PM

How much for the engine?

#3 ad356 OFFLINE  

ad356

Tractorholic

• 9 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted July 30, 2011 - 09:22 PM

100 bucks for the shortblock which will include everything except blower housing, stator, regulator, head, carburetor, and flywheel
175 for the complete engine minus the starter which i have already posted on ebay for 20 bucks starting bid

buyer pays shipping. also i need to figure out how to ship an engine. i was planning on parting out the engine and selling everything separately. i never have shipped anything that large. how much would you say that engine weights?

#4 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted July 30, 2011 - 09:49 PM

ad, You might want to list some items in the classifeds, with your prices. It's free to use and I think you will get some busines. Hope this helps out.

#5 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted July 31, 2011 - 01:53 AM

13hp kohler command should weigh 88.3lbs according to my book.A bare K301a short block weighs 54lbs I just had one shipped to me from Wisconsin to Pennsylvania for $33.00.I would think shipping would be Maybe $50-$55 for a complete engine.I'm not giving $200+ for an engine that's in unknown condition.

Edited by EricFromPa, July 31, 2011 - 02:02 AM.

#6 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted July 31, 2011 - 02:10 AM

You are better off parting it out.Can get a china clone 16hp with electric start and 3 amp charging system for just over $300.

I just spent $$$ buying another carb for my K301 an hour ago.The old #26 carb on the cub was in worse shape than I was hoping it was.It was all pitted inside and the Jet was partly plugged and siezed in the carb so I couldn't remove it to clean it up.

I had it soaking in Murric acid solution but the darn thing wouldn't free up.

#7 ad356 OFFLINE  

ad356

Tractorholic

• 9 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted July 31, 2011 - 08:27 AM

i want to get the most money out of it as possible. probably the best way is to sell it off piece by piece. honestly you are probably better off keeping with the classic k series, i think it is a better engine although they probably do burn more gas. this engine only lasted 361 hours before needing an overhaul. right now im thinking about buying a craftsman/poulan lt 1000, no deck but 75 bucks and it runs. im pretty sure i could hack that one up and make more than 75 bucks on it. ad says new battery as well.

#8 Gibby OFFLINE  

Gibby

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4886
  • 96 Thanks
  • 360 posts

Posted July 31, 2011 - 10:38 AM

100 bucks for the shortblock which will include everything except blower housing, stator, regulator, head, carburetor, and flywheel
175 for the complete engine minus the starter which i have already posted on ebay for 20 bucks starting bid

buyer pays shipping. also i need to figure out how to ship an engine. i was planning on parting out the engine and selling everything separately. i never have shipped anything that large. how much would you say that engine weights?

Is this the same engine you described as " runs but poorly. engine blows oil out of the breather so its spanked"?

#9 ad356 OFFLINE  

ad356

Tractorholic

• 9 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted July 31, 2011 - 11:47 AM

Is this the same engine you described as " runs but poorly. engine blows oil out of the breather so its spanked"?

it probably needs to be rebuilt but it doesnt knock. the crankshaft is selling for 50 bucks alone. the camshaft is worth 40 bucks. thats 90 bucks just in the cam and crankshaft. i would hope the block is worth more than 10 bucks. the engine still had power but had blowby. probably needs a hone and rings. it might need work but im still not going to give it away if i dont have to

#10 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted July 31, 2011 - 02:28 PM

I just found a whole 2135 that a shed fell on for $100.It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive from me but I don't need it bad enough.
If anyone else is intersted here's the info.

Pennswoods.net Classifieds: cub cadet 2135 (for parts)

Asking Price: $100.00 For Sale: i have a cub cadet 2135 lawn mower that has a good hohler engine and transaxle in it. it was in a shed that fell down on it and smashed it all up and i mean all up but the engine and transaxle are real good. 724 954 6728. there is no deck.Distant, PA

#11 ad356 OFFLINE  

ad356

Tractorholic

• 9 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted July 31, 2011 - 10:26 PM

if that was local that is exactly the kind of stuff i would buy. cheap and i could make money off of it.

#12 Salatino OFFLINE  

Salatino

• Member No: 1100
  • 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted September 05, 2011 - 07:38 PM

Hey there, I was currious if youstillhaveany partsleftonthe cub yourpartingout.I'm have been looking for a 2 piece carrier with fine spline axles. If you would happen to have 1 sittin around let me know what you have. thanks

#13 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 05, 2011 - 07:55 PM

ad356, I will have to ask that you refrain from selling stuff on the forums as it is not fair to our site sponsors. You are more then welcome to post ads in the classifieds section of the site or become a site sponsor.