• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 01:20 PM

I made a short video mowing with my Massey MF12G. Our yard sucks, you will see some of the boulders in the ground which I had knocked down a good bit last summer with a big industrial air compressor and a 90lb jackhammer. And the thing at the end of the yard, well..... I'm not so sure what that thing is supposed to be, if we were going to stay here I was going to ask the landlord about filling it but since we are moving I'm not worrying about it. That and the yard is so uneven and bumpy, it needs rolled big time.

The highlight though is the neighbor to the right had his mowing guy there about an hour before I mowed and now granted it only takes him like 30 minutes on his brand new exmark that probably cost about 8 grand you can see the old girl stripes the grass just as nice :D In the start of the video I had about 5 passes in already and shot the video of the last pass and a half before I had to start breaking the cut up because of the swing set.

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 03:15 PM

That's an A-1 video George, thanks for sharing.

#3 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 06:24 PM

thats a beast

that paint would be a real stunner if you took some 2000 grit paper, wet sanded, then the new meguiars ultimate compound and then the scratch x i think it is. just an idea. of course it looks great as it is

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 07:34 PM

She is going to be one of the ones that gets restored before the end of the year. The paint on it is in alright original condition but they messed up the grill by welding big washers on it to help support the top bar. I have a grill from a parts 10 I had bought and it is in nice straight shape just a good bit of rust. I also have the HH100 minus sheet metal that was in that parts 10 also and I figure if anything it would make for a good block for a rebuild with stock size hh120 piston.

Even though she is gear drive I just enjoy mowing with it a lot more then the other tractors, at least when it is wide open running, for the trimming I like the mf8 because of the tight turning radius and the hydro.

#5 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 07:42 PM

sounds like you have it all planned out. if youre going to paint it you have nothign to lose and can use those skills when you recoat. good luck

#6 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 11, 2010 - 07:42 PM

For tight spots and smaller yards NOTHING can out mow a MF8 hydro, best looking cut of ANY mower I've ever used.

#7 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted April 13, 2010 - 08:00 PM

Nice, my yard it the same way, except with bricks that are half buried, and like to "appear" only once under the tractor.

#8 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted April 14, 2010 - 05:36 AM

Awesome video George! :dancingbanana:
I have to check out the massey forum more often LOL :D

#9 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,584 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted April 14, 2010 - 08:28 AM

:thumbs:Great video George, & the Massey sure sounds/mows good!

#10 Bill56 ONLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted April 16, 2010 - 08:45 PM

Great video George! Looks like you were having fun.:thumbs:

#11 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted April 17, 2010 - 07:50 AM

Wonder how big those rocks actually are. Its kind of like the titanic, you dont know how big they really are.

#12 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 18, 2010 - 07:49 AM

Hey the first year I moved here and mowed I found enough parts to almost build 2 cars. One complete engine block, almost buried, four sets of heads buried, 3 driveshafts buried, interior carpet, door panel, fender panel. 15 years later and I'm still finding stuff. I had a friend with a metal detector come over, the damn thing never get squealing.

#13 NUTNDUN ONLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 19, 2010 - 06:36 PM

The rocks are huge. It is almost like a shale/slate composition. There is one though that surprised me, I started jack hammering it and the hammer went in like butter and I was able to move the rock, problem was all the ground around it moved too. I was able to leverage it enough to get a chain around it and I used the 12G to pull it out. It rolled up a little and then flopped over itself. It ended up being about a foot thick and 3' x 4'. That was just a top piece of what was still in the ground. We still have a huge hole that we haven't gotten filled yet from pulling that one out.

I used the hammer to flatten em so I could mow right over there were about 20 rocks I did by myself and I was tired by the time I was done and didn't have any more oomph left. So there are a couple that I still have to be careful around and can't just mow right over. Good thing is we are moving and I am not going to have to worry about it anymore :D