22 replies to this topic

#16 Ranchkingron OFFLINE  

Ranchkingron

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1613
  • 28 Thanks
  • 183 posts

Posted July 30, 2011 - 11:59 PM

Thanks Coldone I had a feeling that's what the Lead 6 meant but I want sure, I hope he comes back from his trip Monday (he went to see his sister ) so I can find out what he want's to do with all this stuff I could sure use some of it and some I think should be sold off rather than scrapped, but it's up to him and at his age and medical problems he doesn't like the walk behind tractors.

I really need to get a better look at that Gravely I swear it's to short to be a brush but I don't know if they ever had a flail that wide 4-5 ft. wide.

I'm really drooling over the AC and it has a deck so that would be nice, the 430 would be great also if it's not too bad.

It's just a shame that all that equipment is rotting away which is why I want to save or at least find loving homes for it all.

Ron

P.S. Check out this Dozer what a beast !

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0729.jpg

Edited by Ranchkingron, July 31, 2011 - 12:05 AM.

#17 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted July 31, 2011 - 07:23 AM

That looks like one of the older Caterpillars...D-8 maybe?

#18 Ranchkingron OFFLINE  

Ranchkingron

Tractorholic

• 28 Thanks
  • 183 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 09:40 AM

That looks like one of the older Caterpillars...D-8 maybe?

I asked him about it and he said it is a D7 ?

Ok after giving me a backhanded compliment on my Chili (guess he doesn't realize it was made for more than him) needs more meat huh, ok next time I'll use half a water buffalo instead of 3 lbs. of Elk ! He proceeds to give me the low down on what to do.

All the small stuff LT/GT's are mine ? He said he doesn't even want to deal with it apparently he caught some fool last Sunday after church loading up some of it and the Idiot said well it's just scrap why do you care ?

Ummmm lets see you trespass and steal his things then ask "Why do you care ?".

To make it shorter he said it would be safer at my place and since I'm a friend take it all and have a ball, But the larger pieces he would like to see if we can move or find someone who really wants them.

I'm still going to find homes for most of it and give him the money from it to help out.

So yesterday was the first moving/dragging out the AC 710, no easy task considering it was in 4 foot tall grass and it was damp (the Sears Custom 7 pulled like a champ) but it's home now and doesn't look too bad it needs a little tlc but I think it will live again.

What do you folks think ?

Ron

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0846.jpg
  • IMG_0845.jpg
  • IMG_0848.jpg
  • IMG_0842.jpg
  • IMG_0850.jpg
  • IMG_0841.jpg
  • IMG_0849.jpg
  • IMG_0840.jpg
  • IMG_0843.jpg
  • IMG_0844.jpg
  • IMG_0847.jpg

#19 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 10:24 AM

Ron, that looks pretty good to me. Iam restoring an MF8 that was in worse shape than that.

#20 Ranchkingron OFFLINE  

Ranchkingron

Tractorholic

• 28 Thanks
  • 183 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 10:34 AM

Ron, that looks pretty good to me. Iam restoring an MF8 that was in worse shape than that.

I agree it's not too bad except for some missing parts like the fuel tank but I may be able to come up with one that will work ?

Id rather have the original tank but at least the engine looks to be all there, the deck is complete but frozen (my guess would be the idler), the front axle has allot of play in it, and I think at some point it was repainted ?

I almost hate to admit it but I think I'm becoming an AC/Simplicity fan, even though I pride myself on remaining neutral about brands I can see the appeal of one over the other.

Ron

P.S. Wait till you see that poor MF7, it almost made me cry to see all the stuff piled on top of it.

#21 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 10:58 AM

Nice save. Sounds like it's already found that "Loving Home" LOL

#22 Ranchkingron OFFLINE  

Ranchkingron

Tractorholic

• 28 Thanks
  • 183 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 12:14 PM

Nice save. Sounds like it's already found that "Loving Home" LOL

Don't tempted me I've been looking really hard at that 42" deck and thinking where can I get a 48" or use the one it has.

It has to be better that the RanchKing even if it does have the same size deck, and allot faster than the 738 just because of the size lol.

Ron

#23 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 04:45 PM

Nice save on the AC 710. A little TLC and she'll purr for you. Definitely a stronger tractor than the RanchKing.