• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted July 27, 2011 - 10:32 PM

i was thinking, i might fabricate/ get fabricated a 3 point for my big girl, the ht20. there doesnt seem to be alot of cat 0 3 point implements out there and the ones that are out there people want big big bucks for. any ideas on if i can make a cat 1 3 point for her?

#2 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted July 29, 2011 - 01:29 PM

The issue you may run into if you want a Cat 1 3-pt is the spread between the insides of the tires. The tractor may not be wide enough to accept a Cat 1.

#3 JDBrian ONLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 29, 2011 - 02:48 PM

I agree there is not much selection in the Cat 0 or even for sleeve hitch setups compared with Cat 1 implements. I'm not familiar with the HT 20 but it may be possible to bend or weld lift arms to get the required width. Lift height can be another issue.
I had a JD x475 and the 3pt. hitch was what they called a limited Cat. 1. The limited part was that the amount of lift height was not as much as the standard would call for. Cat1 implements that were 26" wide and designed for sub compacts would fit that tractor.
The lift arms were bent to make them wide enough. Those tractors are about 48" wide so there was quite a bit of clearance between the tires to begin with.
Within Cat1 implements you will find some that are designed for sub compacts and they are usually lower, for instance, the rear blade would be 10" tall instead of 14" on a full size cat. 1 and the top link would be lower to accommodate the smaller tractor. If you try to use the full sized implements some of them will not lift high enough to keep them off the ground when on rough terrain. The small Kubota BX'S, jd 2305 and other SCUT's have cat 1 hitches. If you can find a dealer you may be able to get a good look at how they do it.

#4 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted July 29, 2011 - 04:13 PM

I looked at a John Deere Vinyard Tractor(pretty narrow), nice with cab & heater/air about 50 hp a dealer had gotten from California. The 3 point was different. It had straight lift arms and the outside part was spaced out on the outside to fit Category two implements. It had a sleeve that slid over the arms andYou could slide them forward and back by loosening set screws/bolts to suit your application. I did not have the $15K he was asking?
Hmm I wonder if you could swap them side to side and use Cat1 too ?

A handy guy could make that.

Edited by JD DANNELS, July 29, 2011 - 04:20 PM.