• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 10, 2010 - 10:38 PM

I got the new carburetor for the big Quincy air compressor, I'll order the air filter base and cap Monday. Monday after work I'll put a Kohler K321 in the Massey 1450, then put the deck from the 1650 on it. Then I can put the big AGs back on the 1650. I think I can get that done by Tuesday. Wednesday I'll drain the oil and tranny fluid on the Ariens GT18 and do a full blown tune up. Then put on the nice 48 inch shaft drive deck, so I'll have 2 great mowers. The Massey 1650 and Ariens GT14 are my garden tractors with three points and rear PTO's. After that, I'll tackle the Case 444 and get it ready for snow plow duties and tilling as soon as I get my tiller. By the end of the summer I think I'll be ready to repair the two big Ford LGT's. This winter I'll draw straws to see which tractor gets a total restoration, new motor, paint, etc. I like to repair and replace any broken Items on the tractors and get them in good running order, before I tear them apart and restore them. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it, but somewhere in all this I still have to finish a few things on the JD214, and get it on the auction block. Guess what, I can buy more tractors

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,351 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 05:18 AM

That sounds like a good plan.

#3 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 893 Thanks
  • 1,315 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 06:09 AM

Nice to have your whole life planned out, but I think I will just wing it........LOL

#4 tractormike ONLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 164 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 09:04 AM

It sounds like you will be very buzy! Don't forget to plan a day or two off in between all that work!

#5 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 36,853 Thanks
  • 30,146 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 11:48 AM

Hey Mike, you could always post pics of each tractor, then do a GTT group poll to decide which one gets a restoration! Then you can blame us if something goes wrong! LOL

#6 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,282 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 12:26 PM

Hey Mike, you could always post pics of each tractor, then do a GTT group poll to decide which one gets a restoration! Then you can blame us if something goes wrong! LOL

I really like this idea, let us, the members of GTT decide your future....... anyone else hear that evil laugh in the background?

#7 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 177 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 07:38 PM

You have a gas powered Quincy? I just picked up a 77 Champion 2 stage has a 3 phase motor. A new baldor is 300 or so if I get a good deal. A gas motor is alot cheaper but Im not sure how that is all hooked up. The relief valve is wired to the throttle? or does it just run at full RPM and then the relief valve is constantly piercing your ears at 175psi? Tahnks for any help

#8 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• 177 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 07:39 PM

as in it has a 3 phase now and i need a single phase motor here in residential plus wiring it through a 120 year old house wont be any fun. further driving my curiousity thanks

#9 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 11, 2010 - 07:56 PM

I really like this idea, let us, the members of GTT decide your future....... anyone else hear that evil laugh in the background?

I think I like that idea. I don't watch TV, I usually work all weekends on yard and tractors, plus a bout two hours each night. I dont sit on anything but a chair, no couch, recliners, I hate them, makes me feel wierd. I got the front blade on the Case/Ingersoll 444, I'll post pics over in the forum. We all no this group leans toward Masseys, so the poll might just be which Massey, I got at least 10. I need to have the big Snapper/Massey with the 3 point all this summer and probably this winter. So lets turn my my MF 1450 into a 1650 with a spare 16 hp engine I have, I'll do paint and decals, no trailer queen, but real nice. I already got the tires on it and it it very, very clean

#10 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 11, 2010 - 08:00 PM

as in it has a 3 phase now and i need a single phase motor here in residential plus wiring it through a 120 year old house wont be any fun. further driving my curiousity thanks

It's a 16 hp tecumseh, electric start with pressure relief, hooked to govenor, I think. The engine was just fully rebuilt when it went into storage, I'll have to squirt oil down all cylinders, check it out real close. I'm going to order the air filter base and cap tomorrow.

#11 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• 177 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 08:11 PM

thanks

#12 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 13,386 Thanks
  • 17,472 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 08:30 PM

:laughingteeth::laughingteeth::laughingteeth::laughingteeth::laughingteeth: